How do I find my killer?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Just got murdered

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Banok wrote:
lalllall wrote:No it was a murder.

all kills are "murder" in this game. and your more likely to be punished for killing a criminal than a random noob. welcome to salem....

Without a government, might makes right. Killing a criminal is no less criminal than murdering a noob, this game lacks inbuilt morality entirely. Morality therefore lies in the hands of the players to create, and specifically to those players strong enough to enforce their morality.

Hiring a ranger is... well it's fairly dangerous. Never let them near your leantos, and try to pay a portion in advance, a portion on kill confirmation. And confirmation should be a screenie of the base of said murderer torn open with a corpse in it at least. Even that can be faked. It's not uncommon for the murderer to take their own kill contract, fake it, and take the money.

As for this discussion: It belongs in the House of Burgesses. The "rangers" of the world read that forum more often.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Moved to proper subforum.

EDIT: Strike that. Changed the title to better reflect what OP actually wanted help with. :)
jorb

Re: How do I find my killer?

Postby lalllall » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Sevenless: I agree with you. Might makes right in this game and I have no problem with getting murdered. But just as in real life you can pay to get might as well. I am a pretty casual gamer and I will never have the skills to take revenge on my killer. I do however gladly pay real life money just for the satisfaction of knowing that he is dead. The best thing is that my hands wont even get dirty
lalllall

Postby ShadowTani » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:19 pm

Sevenless wrote:Without a government, might makes right. Killing a criminal is no less criminal than murdering a noob, this game lacks inbuilt morality entirely. Morality therefore lies in the hands of the players to create, and specifically to those players strong enough to enforce their morality.

I personally would have liked the possibility to craft an evidence of [crime] into a bounty scroll, and anyone who carried that bounty scroll wouldn't leave scents when attacking the person with that bounty on them. :3

I would also have liked the ability to forgive a person that did friendly fire to you, erasing any scents they left when attacking you. xD
ShadowTani

Previous

Return to Help!