Gardening and Purity

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Gardening and Purity

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:36 am

So does Gardening increase Purity? Maybe some chances? I got my first peppers yesturday and they are default =(
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Re: Gardening and Purity

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:31 am

Not as far as I can tell. But through farming you can get better humus which increases the output somewhat. It was linked to water and pot purity though, so at the moment it will stay kinda low.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby sabinati » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:54 am

iirc there was a random purity modifier applied after the average of water, pot and humus. how large is your sample size?
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:47 pm

sabinati wrote:iirc there was a random purity modifier applied after the average of water, pot and humus. how large is your sample size?

Is this recent? I was handling 30 pots or so in pre-commercial and they all converged on the exact average of my water/pot/humus/seed value within +/- 0.05 purity. That small randomness due to different seed purities at the start I thought.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:23 pm

I garden a lot, and the only way I was able to raise purity at all was to use higher purity humus. There was no random factor as far as I could tell. Whenever I planted a p1 plant in p1 humus, the result was always p1.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby sabinati » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Sevenless wrote:
sabinati wrote:iirc there was a random purity modifier applied after the average of water, pot and humus. how large is your sample size?

Is this recent? I was handling 30 pots or so in pre-commercial and they all converged on the exact average of my water/pot/humus/seed value within +/- 0.05 purity. That small randomness due to different seed purities at the start I thought.

no, this was back in alpha. maybe they changed it, or maybe i misunderstood it.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm

staxjax wrote:I garden a lot, and the only way I was able to raise purity at all was to use higher purity humus. There was no random factor as far as I could tell. Whenever I planted a p1 plant in p1 humus, the result was always p1.

That is **** if so... The only way to increase humus p is to plant fields and fill compost from it >_<
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:05 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:
staxjax wrote:I garden a lot, and the only way I was able to raise purity at all was to use higher purity humus. There was no random factor as far as I could tell. Whenever I planted a p1 plant in p1 humus, the result was always p1.

That is **** if so... The only way to increase humus p is to plant fields and fill compost from it >_<

Yup, or you can compost potted plants produced by said humus. I think once we have wells, and prospecting for wells with woowoowand, then the water will make a big difference.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Assuming water from a well will be anything other than base purity.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:57 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Assuming water from a well will be anything other than base purity.

Well, we know that the ground water location isn't supposed to influence it, because that'd be node based and we're not doing that anymore. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the well itself will have purity, and therefore the water coming out of said well would respect that purity.
Sevenless

Next

Return to Help!