Seeking land to settle

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Seeking land to settle

Postby kfv7 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:31 pm

I have played long time ago, and I have allways liked Salem and its a pending topic for me. Seeing it with no support from developers, its making me wonder if it will be shut down shortly so I wanted to have one last round.

So long story short, my old character was killed and I am starting over. I always played as an hermit. I know that will be hard to find unexplored lands near Providence, but do you guys have an estimate of how far should I go to not see 3 or 4 leantos or ruins on every square in the map? Since I have a new character, do you believe that would possible to find a place relatively virgin before reaching the darkness?
kfv7

Re: Seeking land to settle

Postby Mrsari » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:24 pm

I found 2 good places in 1/3 map from Providence in last 2 months. No ruins, no leantos around.
Mrsari

Postby Nikixos » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:34 am

Pay for trips to landmarks
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Blech » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:50 am

I recommend you get yourself a giant cricket and start searching stumps and logs. You will find enough money to start with by doing this and eventually a nice place to settle. Just keep in mind that nowhere is safe. That's up to you how well you build your defenses. Find a place with lime, clay, water nearby; ponds>lakes>rivers IMO. Rivers are dangerous because canoeing is an easy way for raiders to explore.
Blech

Return to Help!