Private Server ?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Private Server ?

Postby wallperis » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm

This game is great, but every time we try to play we(me and my frend) get wiped out in couple moths. We still want to play, but its hopless to restart in current situacion. We hoped for some new server or something to make level playing field for new players, but it is not coming isn't it ? So question arised is it possible to make privet server in lan or something ? Great game btw i played since alpha beta ? times when it was on paradox interactive :D.
wallperis
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Private Server ?

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 pm

No
DarkNacht
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 11:24 am

Re: Private Server ?

Postby Ronch » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Private servers, probably a no.

Surviving in Salem, definitely a yes.
Why yes:
1, Definitely use the king's bank !
2, Ask important advice in private !
3, It's a huge, a very huge map, hide !
4, Put locks on everything that you can !
5, Don't trust most folks inside of the game !
6, Cravings, gluttony, and even more gluttony !
7, Try to learn from your and other's past mistakes !
8, Set up defenses immediately(not later) at your homestead !
9, Pay attention to what the game's vets(even the butt-hurt ones) say and do !
10, Finally, and most importantly --------------------------> Don't piss-off JC or Marp !
Those are my 10 commandments in Salem. Surviving in Salem is all downhill from there !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Private Server ?

Postby Taipion » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:34 pm

wallperis wrote:This game is great, but every time we try to play we(me and my frend) get wiped out in couple moths...


That is by no means necessary, you can start with nothing and have a solid town within a few months, IF you did not slack on the defence part, you will also be very safe.

1.) start wherever you land after the tutorial (did you lose your chars, too?!), but only keep this as a temporary base until you're fit for exploring a bit
2.) find a nice place NOT in the "newbie spawning area" around provi, you are more likely to be found there, you seem to not want that ^^
Instead walk a bit west, like 1h maybe, and be sure to be not close to any landmarks.
3.) get your defence up, and try to look poor, a shabby newbie claim that has stone walls, LOCKED gates and a pclaim is not an inviting raiding target
4.) get a town bell (you still need a pclaim, too), brick walls and braziers, and you'll be pretty safe from there on
5.) be careful who you trade with, items can be scented to track you down
6.) do not port home from provi from the open, go inside a house (any house, hovel, church, den,...) or you also risk being tracked

Basically, to get "wiped out in a couple of months" you need to be really cheap on the defence side while putting all your effort into looking rich. ^^
So long as you are not careless, especially on the defence side, you have nothing to fear.
You do need a town bell though (still need the pclaim too) or your pclaim can be removed by a town bell which is not the cheapest way to raid someone but if you look rich, it's an option.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion
 
Posts: 2472
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Private Server ?

Postby Dallane » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:15 pm

wallperis wrote:This game is great, but every time we try to play we(me and my frend) get wiped out in couple moths. We still want to play, but its hopless to restart in current situacion. We hoped for some new server or something to make level playing field for new players, but it is not coming isn't it ? So question arised is it possible to make privet server in lan or something ? Great game btw i played since alpha beta ? times when it was on paradox interactive :D.


a fresh server won't really change anything. I would definitely look or ask around on how to secure your base as there are things you can do as a totally new player to stop people from breaking into your place
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15167
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Private Server ?

Postby wallperis » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Thank you for all the tips, i didn't even knew you could get traced when teleporting, that might be the reason i got raided.
sadly i tried going to remote location and it didn't worked. the thing is the server map is filled with abandoned settelments and all kind of player left ruins.
it sounds like i should try to play again. Have a nice day, thank you
wallperis
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Private Server ?

Postby Dallane » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:06 am

wallperis wrote:Thank you for all the tips, i didn't even knew you could get traced when teleporting, that might be the reason i got raided.
sadly i tried going to remote location and it didn't worked. the thing is the server map is filled with abandoned settelments and all kind of player left ruins.
it sounds like i should try to play again. Have a nice day, thank you


Ruins are a good opportunity to find treasure!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15167
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Private Server ?

Postby Mazavalt » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Ronch wrote:Private servers, probably a no.

Surviving in Salem, definitely a yes.
Why yes:
1, Definitely use the king's bank !
2, Ask important advice in private !
3, It's a huge, a very huge map, hide !
4, Put locks on everything that you can !
5, Don't trust most folks inside of the game !
6, Cravings, gluttony, and even more gluttony !
7, Try to learn from your and other's past mistakes !
8, Set up defenses immediately(not later) at your homestead !
9, Pay attention to what the game's vets(even the butt-hurt ones) say and do !
10, Finally, and most importantly --------------------------> Don't piss-off JC or Marp !
Those are my 10 commandments in Salem. Surviving in Salem is all downhill from there !


and a new paranoid has been born. If ya know so much how to delete an account from servers?
Mazavalt
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:19 am

Re: Private Server ?

Postby Dallane » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Mazavalt wrote: If ya know so much how to delete an account from servers?


You can't. If you want to delete a character then just get it killed.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15167
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Private Server ?

Postby Mazavalt » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Dallane wrote:
Mazavalt wrote: If ya know so much how to delete an account from servers?


You can't. If you want to delete a character then just get it killed.

i said account not a character. Oh well i might just post account name and password after i change it :D
Mazavalt
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:19 am

Next

Return to Help!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests