Return??

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Return??

Postby StankFinger » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 am

Just started playing again after about a year. Found the new hypothermia interesting to say the least. Made jute clothing shirt and pants plus my robes gives thermal of 18. Don't know what is required to not freeze but while out and about exploring and such now I'm frozen. No answers in area chat so cant be thawed. What a waste of time coming back.
StankFinger

Re: Return??

Postby Taipion » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:44 am

StankFinger wrote:Just started playing again after about a year. Found the new hypothermia interesting to say the least. Made jute clothing shirt and pants plus my robes gives thermal of 18. Don't know what is required to not freeze but while out and about exploring and such now I'm frozen. No answers in area chat so cant be thawed. What a waste of time coming back.

lol

If that's already too much for you, then salem is surely not for you.

You can be naked and just carry a lit torch or two and not freeze, there are a lot of other things, too.
And this has been discussed at length countless time...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 am

StankFinger wrote: No answers in area chat so cant be thawed. What a waste of time coming back.

Area chat isn't what you think it is. That is just the area around you, not a global type chat.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ciego » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:35 am

How soon do you perma-die when frozen? Do you have a day or two to thaw yourself out, or ask for help with it?
(To thaw myself, send a 2nd char with a torch, and use it on my frozen alt, change characters real quick and get to safety of a building in town)

OP: Shoes, pants, shirt, hat, coat, cape, scarf, blanket, torch
in town, go into barn to warm up (or one of the other buildings if you can find one)

If you need more detailed directions, PM one of us, or read the manual that Marp produced, or the wiki.

I think cold spells are randomly from about 15 to 40 (in terms of thermal required)

Most of us are probably autistic to some degree, so expect half a dozen people to jump in and correct anything I said that is inaccurate.
Ciego

Postby Judaism » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:31 pm

Assuming you have no madness initially, yo have about two days iirc.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:06 pm

Taipion wrote:You can be naked and just carry a lit torch or two and not freeze, there are a lot of other things, too.

jusr as an example i live in an area were u need 80+ Thermal not to Freeze and if he lives much more north up providence it might be 40-60...
Heffernan

Postby gorniksam » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Heffernan wrote:
Taipion wrote:You can be naked and just carry a lit torch or two and not freeze, there are a lot of other things, too.

jusr as an example i live in an area were u need 80+ Thermal not to Freeze and if he lives much more north up providence it might be 40-60...

r u retarded
gorniksam

Return to Help!