Was there a rollback?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Was there a rollback?

Postby redfenix514 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:40 am

I logged out in a house on my claim. I log back in to the house being gone, my character in a bed in the middle of all my boxes. and someone else claimed it. It's like the land I'd be using was rolled back to a previous time. Or in the span of 4 hours, someone came in, destroyed my claim, destroyed a townhouse, and reclaimed it for themselves. Just seems intense for an area that had no life for the last two weeks around. Takes a decent amount of skill and effort to destroy a townhouse and a claim. Kinda confused about it.
redfenix514

Re: Was there a rollback?

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:43 am

Someone probably put a bell down and eminent domained your claim. Did you have your own bell up, or just a pclaim?
Rifmaster

Postby redfenix514 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:45 am

just a claim. but if they put a bell down, there's no indication of it. Just a new personal claim. which is why I am confused. If it was showing a town claim over it, I'd get the idea. but they also couldnt delete my leanto. so it further proves its bizarre nature.
redfenix514

Postby Whynot71012 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:13 am

Did you have money on your claim stone? Unpaid claim stones can be trespassed on and destroyed without leaving any crimes. If you had money on the claim stone, then you were eminent domained as suggested. Town bells are also salvageable and you can get back the town charter, so people are more willing to put down towns in order to eminent domain claims. Also if they can build a townhouse, they can take it down with salvage very quickly. They would have salvaged the town bell afterwards, leaving no trace but the destruction of your personal claim.
Whynot71012

Postby Taipion » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:57 am

Is that your base? ^^

someone just posted that pic on discord...

Yes, as has been said already:

- if you do not pay your claim, it's basically not there, not even a crime to remove the claim or anything on it
- stuff can be salvaged if not on a claim (or on your own claim), which means the "raider" only needs the skill to build something to be able to salvage it within 5 seconds, instead of the need to have like 1k phlegm to bash a house
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby redfenix514 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:14 pm

they must have belled then salvaged it. ah well. only two weeks of work gone... >_> hope they enjoy the meager supplies they got out of it.

No that wasn't my claim. Shame they killed my character too... oh well. back to playing something else until the salt subsides.
redfenix514

Postby gorniksam » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:48 am

rollback confirmed
gorniksam

Postby Taipion » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:27 pm

gorniksam wrote:rollback confirmed

Did you do the rollback yourself?! :lol: ¦]
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Help!