History's Lessons

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: History's Lessons

Postby Dallane » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:54 am

lol people talking about pings in this game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Methuzelah23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:34 am

nosfirebird wrote:there is a large issue with pvp and its fairly hard thing to overcome people in the uk/close to the uk have a huge advantage with stuns/gap closers (the server is based in the uk) just look at the combat with heff and dar heff was able to run circles around dar due to ping(u can see it in the video). i first saw it in concord when i was trying to stomp juda through a wall. on my screen i started the stomp 3/4 a sec before judas stomp but he always finished the stomp before mine.(faster stomp animation to make up latency)

LOL what? This has to be one of the more ridiculous things posted here. Aside from getting the server location wrong to begin with, how is it that you people think pvp is running in circles around people? Heffernan seems to have this delusion too. The person that wins a fight isn't the one running around in circles. I really don't understand how either of you can think this has any bearing whatsoever on a fight. The only thing that might cause an issue would be wild fluctuations in latency, but that wouldn't translate to a faster stomp animation. I have quite a few hours of pvp under my belt, and at no time of the day has latency fluctuations ever been a problem in my years, nor the countless other pvp minded folks.

TL;DR: Running circles = losing fight/ winning fight = stabbing. and the UK doesn't have super op gap closers/stuns. :roll:
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby nosfirebird » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm

Methuzelah23 wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:there is a large issue with pvp and its fairly hard thing to overcome people in the uk/close to the uk have a huge advantage with stuns/gap closers (the server is based in the uk) just look at the combat with heff and dar heff was able to run circles around dar due to ping(u can see it in the video). i first saw it in concord when i was trying to stomp juda through a wall. on my screen i started the stomp 3/4 a sec before judas stomp but he always finished the stomp before mine.(faster stomp animation to make up latency)

LOL what? This has to be one of the more ridiculous things posted here. Aside from getting the server location wrong to begin with, how is it that you people think pvp is running in circles around people? Heffernan seems to have this delusion too. The person that wins a fight isn't the one running around in circles. I really don't understand how either of you can think this has any bearing whatsoever on a fight. The only thing that might cause an issue would be wild fluctuations in latency, but that wouldn't translate to a faster stomp animation. I have quite a few hours of pvp under my belt, and at no time of the day has latency fluctuations ever been a problem in my years, nor the countless other pvp minded folks.

TL;DR: Running circles = losing fight/ winning fight = stabbing. and the UK doesn't have super op gap closers/stuns. :roll:

you need to calm down 6 y/o it is a large advantage in my opinion with what i saw with the combat with heff/dar and with what i witnessed when trying to stomp juda through a wall. on my screen i start a stomp when he is moving to me he then starts the stomp and finishes before my stop ends. how is that not a advantage? and like i said that is hard to overcome but one way to do it would to create region servers or they could work on network code
nosfirebird

Postby Methuzelah23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:02 pm

It's not an advantage because having fought people from many different countries, over a large number of years, I would say that what you're describing doesn't exist. We can't even get a forum post from a dev, and you think its a priority to ***** with the servers/network code over an imaginary problem. It seems more like you just want other people to have stronger/faster stomps so you feel less bad about being a terrible player.
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Its probably just Nos' 1 mb fisherprice connection combined with not being near the server origin that causes this issue.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Can attest 1mb connection worked fine if the line wasn't saturated by downloads or what have you. Sometimes if your distance from the server means you permanently lag compare to others, you just need to fight predictively.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Ronch » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Latency, ping, lag or whatever term one uses, all three do affect time-sensitive game play in any online game.

PvP in Salem is definitely time-sensitive game play.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Methuzelah23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:22 pm

lachlaan wrote:Can attest 1mb connection worked fine if the line wasn't saturated by downloads or what have you. Sometimes if your distance from the server means you permanently lag compare to others, you just need to fight predictively.

This. Like I said only wild fluctuations would actually be a hindrance.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Dallane » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:47 am

I have played salem in 3 different US time zones and have never had a problem fighting anyone from any other location.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:21 am

Lošem kurcu i dlake smetaju.
Poz
Edit:
Old and profound serbian saying.
ZoddAlmighty

PreviousNext

Return to Help!