History's Lessons

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

History's Lessons

Postby campercamper » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:39 pm

I am starting to see ways people attack a town with their own tactics but history has shown many great ways to attack a fortification that is basically impenetrable. I can't quite tell which tactics are realistic but what are some ways people here have taken down a difficult to conquer town without spamming out braziers?
campercamper

Re: History's Lessons

Postby Judaism » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:40 pm

-> Help

Also if you truly want some raid tips, I could share a few for a small gift of a million dollars.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Moved to help so you don't get troll like answers in HoB
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Unless the defenders are inactive, you cannot raid a town with a brick wall and braziers. There is simply way too many ways to defend. It's why there hasn't been a proper active base raid in atleast 2 years now.
Rifmaster

Postby Judaism » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:57 pm

It depends how many layers and how much brazier/torch coverage. But generally it is quite important to drain te defenses, which is where most of the time sink at. With the P-claim drain and the crits, you can't really do serious bash rounds without emptying the defenses.

Then again, I know a few tricks but it boils down to how much time you have. Nowadays your TBF simply can be destroyed by a mortar or a catapult. So that requires an entire additional aspect.

I would say under normal conditions it will take you 3 hours with a good squad to drain a single layer and another 90 min to bash the brick wall with 2 a 3 brick bashers (still need tankers). That is obviously with an active TBF, no defenders or interruption and a proper squad which knows some tricks which are not public.

So to put it easily in perspective: 4.5 hours for a squad of about 4 people per layer, most serious bases have at least 3 layers so figure about 15 hours and a single defensive act will most likely completely ruin all your progress and all your characters will have scents out in the open, therefore in normal conditions will 100% die by TBC or stockades.

If you do not know these tricks, then you're gonna be looking at over 10 hours per layer, with serious brazier coverage. But in all these cases, the town will have a 24 hour notice, so if they do flee then they have sufficient time to take their valuables or salvage their base.

To keep your raid from outsiders, donutting towns with your own town is also commonly used. So the scents are harder to be picked up and the TBF/Town can be covered with your own town.

Raiding is a huge time and money sink and unless you hit some inactive base, it is not worth the risks and more importantly the time. The objective nowadays has shifted towards aiming for the bell straight away, instead of pockets. It usually is the most protected area.

Even on the expedition where you had cannons and no TBC's, usually our raids would still generally take over 10+ hours of constant notice (very small bases compared to Providence) and that was without setting up everything in advance. So unless you have a significant large group to swap each other out, you really have to stay bound to your chair for the entire period. (the hardest there was about 24 hours without the 10 hours of prep, with multiple cannon shots and other objectives such as boom barrels)
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Rifmaster wrote:Unless the defenders are inactive, you cannot raid a town with a brick wall and braziers. There is simply way too many ways to defend. It's why there hasn't been a proper active base raid in atleast 2 years now.

Draining the def of ammo is one way to start, and is relatively risk free as you won't need to leave summonable scents, yet.

With enough dedicated players, outnumbering the other party sufficiently, you can raid any base,
but yea, that rarely happens due to player numbers.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Goodman12 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:03 am

Taipion wrote:
Draining the def of ammo is one way to start, and is relatively risk free as you won't need to leave summonable scents, yet.

With enough dedicated players, outnumbering the other party sufficiently, you can raid any base,

Damn,I wish I had that facepalm emote I've been requesting for years now
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Dallane » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:07 am

Goodman12 wrote:
Taipion wrote:

Damn,I wish I had that facepalm emote I've been requesting for years now

I'll allow the yasso facepalm if you want to post that.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby gorniksam » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:06 am

gorniksam

Postby Dallane » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:04 am

god yesssss

Dallane

Next

Return to Help!