History's Lessons

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: History's Lessons

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 pm

Dude... now you need to even call your friend to support you?! wtf...

I did NOT say that the current raiding system is fine or well balanced,
if you or your friend had payed any attention you'd have noticed that this last part of the discussion is about extreme cases.

You trying to put words in my mouth that I clearly did not say, and insulting me by the way, simply shows how your words can't be taken serious here.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Methuzelah23 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Taipion wrote:With enough dedicated players, outnumbering the other party sufficiently, you can raid any base,

Yea juda trying to mix up things again to simply say "you're wrong" while we all know how he has a completely flawed view on raiding and wants it to be easymode and would not even try to give anything constructive here anyways...

1.) if there are only an handful players defending, chances are there is a 8h+ window when they are offline, you can breach a town or at least get some way in within 8h, if you outnumber them by a lot...

Only if you have people online 24/7 and even then, if the attackers team outnumbers the defenders sufficiently, they can win.
I doubt this has been tried yet, like 20 vs 2, so no use in presenting theories as fact.

The numbers required to do such a thing have never/will never exist here. Like I said, probably don't have the faculties to comprehend this and just want to continue with your crush on Juda(despite the fact he has offered constructive criticisms on the raiding system umpteen times, here and directly with the devs)

It's laughable that you think he cares enough about you to message me to get involved lol. I'm sorry your thin skinned ass was insulted by my words, but perhaps... you can't handle the truth. Mayhaps you did not say that, but you have inferred it with your above quoted statements, not including other threads over the months. Furthermore I never claimed you said those things, so perhaps you are projecting your inability to pay attention onto me.

Anyways, if you don't want to take my words seriously, that's fine. Anyone can clearly see who the reasonable parties are. Just thought i'd give it a shot to see if you'd realize your silliness, but alas to no avail. I'll excuse myself before your crush migrates over to me.

Edit: Also help is not the place for your drama, so if you want to continue to post id suggest asking it to be moved.
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:19 pm

lolololol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Juda tries to satisfy his narcissism and need for attention by trying to bash what I said with utter *****,
then you added to it,
and now you're saying I begged for judas attention :roll: ... and yours probably, too o.O ...

You two are clearly delusional, and yes, this alone makes it clear "who the reasonable parties are", thanks for clarifying.

And yes, the trolling you two started does clearly not belong into help, so please stop begging for my attention, thank you.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Methuzelah23 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Taipion wrote:lolololol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Juda tries to satisfy his narcissism and need for attention by trying to bash what I said with utter *****,
then you added to it,
and now you're saying I begged for judas attention :roll: ... and yours probably, too o.O ...

You two are clearly delusional, and yes, this alone makes it clear "who the reasonable parties are", thanks for clarifying.

And yes, the trolling you two started does clearly not belong into help, so please stop begging for my attention, thank you.

Folks this is what not begging for attention looks like :? .
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Taipion wrote:...so please stop begging for my attention, thank you.

Methuzelah23 wrote:Folks this is what not begging for attention looks like :? .

Thank you for "not begging for attention"! :)
Taipion

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 pm

Guy makes a client and all of a sudden he thinks that his opinion about raiding is valid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:35 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Guy makes a client and all of a sudden he thinks that his opinion about raiding is valid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I am totally sorry we forgot you, not heard from you in a while, like... actually a week! ...how have you been?
Taipion

Postby Methuzelah23 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Dude, you think a post means im begging for your attention? I don't even... like... what...i... yea...... Anyways since you continue on, I made one mention of Juda, and that was because i quoted him. This was about your replies to heffernan and Rif. You are espousing your opinion as if you have any idea what you are talking about, is it really any wonder that you get the reaction you do? Other than these few minor dealings I actually had no opinion of you either negatively or positively. The problem is when you try to tell people in help how to raid active bases and pretend as if you know what you're talking about, because you don't.

You have such a massive raging hard on for some dude in a video game who hasnt played for years that you just latched onto that and could not let it go, fabricating/hallucinating/imagining things about him asking for backup on a forum of a game we havent played in years. Yes, I do think the reasonable parties are indeed, very clear.

Anyways arguing with you is beyond silly, and it would be better in every way if we just stop.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Methuzelah23 wrote:Dude, you think a post means im begging for your attention? I don't even... like... what...i... yea...... Anyways since you continue on, I made one mention of Juda, and that was because i quoted him. This was about your replies to heffernan and Rif. You are espousing your opinion as if you have any idea what you are talking about, is it really any wonder that you get the reaction you do? Other than these few minor dealings I actually had no opinion of you either negatively or positively. The problem is when you try to tell people in help how to raid active bases and pretend as if you know what you're talking about, because you don't.

You have such a massive raging hard on for some dude in a video game who hasnt played for years that you just latched onto that and could not let it go, fabricating/hallucinating/imagining things about him asking for backup on a forum of a game we havent played in years. Yes, I do think the reasonable parties are indeed, very clear.

Anyways arguing with you is beyond silly, and it would be better in every way if we just stop.

See?

I simply said that .... let me look it up again... that:
- in extreme cases where the attackers outnumber the defenders sufficiently, you may have a chance to raid an "active" base, especially if you can fill all timzones and the other (due to low numbers) can not, so you have a lot of time going against a virtually undefended base, I did not say that even then it would make sense (effort wise) or that it would be a good idea or you're not about to lose a lot of chars, I did not
- defence is more important than walls, which is true

Nothing what you said, in relation to my statements, made any sense at all.
You two come here and try to speak of yourself as the all knowing gods of raiding and bashing what I said ... with totally pointless "arguments" and personal insults and all the like...

What do you even try to achieve with that?!
I mean, everyone can see how you're just talking *****,
so it's not really that you try to look knowledgeable,
you're just bored I guess, or what is it?
Taipion

Postby Judaism » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:33 am

Taipion wrote:I simply said that .... let me look it up again... that:
- in extreme cases where the attackers outnumber the defenders sufficiently, you may have a chance to raid an "active" base, especially if you can fill all timzones and the other (due to low numbers) can not, so you have a lot of time going against a virtually undefended base, I did not say that even then it would make sense (effort wise) or that it would be a good idea or you're not about to lose a lot of chars, I did not
- defence is more important than walls, which is true

You did not say that, nor could you imply that from your comment which stated:
1.) if there are only an handful players defending, chances are there is a 8h+ window when they are offline, you can breach a town or at least get some way in within 8h, if you outnumber them by a lot...

And it is simply not true that you have a chance to raid an ''active'' base, even if your raid would go unnoticed. With the current bases, you are not going to break in within that time-frame. The defenders also have a 24 hour notice and can still destroy the TBF easily, they can check out on their perimeters every few hours if they truly wish to defend their place and if they are not commited enough to check on their base every 8 hours while being sieged, then they are not really active, or willing to put any effort in defending. Absolutely not even a 100th of the raiding parties effort.

What you are talking about is a given situation where the raiders managed to get a ''lucky window'' and risk everything for that slim chance of getting in unnoticed. I don't think you really do get the picture but there have been abandoned raids which took over 5-6 days of play-time with an entire team to break into, that is without any interaction by outsiders or active defending.

Unless you are talking about some poor ass defended town with 2 poorly defended brick walls, with direct access to the town-bell and a small P-claim, the 8 hour window is not sufficient and then I am speaking about a proper raiding party, with knowledge about certain mechanics and proper execution.

At this stage of the game, there literally are no bases like that anymore in the game. The worst bases even exceed those requirements and the raiding mechanics are far from on par with all the ''new'' defensive mechanics and the state of the game and bases.

So hopefully you have your answer and we are not talking about some exception with a poor condition of a base, with owners who do not even log-in while being sieged, nor care to fortify their base any further. That all is not considered active defending, what do you expect that the raiding party can maintain a 24/7 presence with the entire squad for days, simply to risk it on a slim chance?

The raiding party has to make the effort, the plan, the timing ahead of time and its not as if you can always adjust to whatever is happening, the raiding party already has to put in extreme amounts of time (24 hour TBF, or donut town etc), requires 24/7 checking and a lot more prior to even starting a siege with all the risks and passive punishment still remaining.

People simply do not seem to realize what kind of effort raiding takes, how often your characters end up dead, how often people simply drop or port their stuff and go forth, how much silver/materials/time it costs, how much organization it takes, and so forth. That is why it is really annoying when you see people getting involved and stating something which is just far from the reality, thinking it time after time to be the truth.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Help!