Back after a few years

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Back after a few years

Postby Wisler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi, I used to love this game years back and over the past few months me and my friends have been playing it a lot. I noticed there hasn't been any updates for the last few months and they seem to have just suddenly stopped in Febuary?

Is this game still being developed? I noticed some of the shops are vacant in Providence now which suggests the player base has gone way down too? I still see a bunch of other players around, I'm just curious about the future of the game really, had a browse on the forums and couldn't see any definite answers apart from the head developer is now busy with another project?

Any answers would be much appreciated.
Wisler

Re: Back after a few years

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:24 pm

You will here yes , it is being developed from most people.
And thats true, game is being developed. But, in my opinion, updates are to small and to far between.
The main developer has an idea, he implements it, works like crap, patches it out, still works like crap but its managable.
He should focus on the ideas and mechanics that are already in the game, improving on those.
Example, removed perenial pnilosophy due to witch system rework... aaaaaaaaand he left the game for a year.
So the system is kinda broken now.
You have dozens of examples where developer lazyness hinders true improvements to the game.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Unfortunately JC has been busy with IRL. Marp is still around to do what he can. The game hasn't received any huge updates in awhile but JC will be back at it at some point.

The community is still here and there are a bunch of people to play with. You should join the discord to meet some of the more active people.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Wisler » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks for the answers, glad to see the forums are still very active anyway. I'm going to stick with this game, look forward to playing with you all.
Wisler

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Wisler wrote:Thanks for the answers, glad to see the forums are still very active anyway. I'm going to stick with this game, look forward to playing with you all.

The game is still a ton of fun and more than likely a bunch of new things have been added or changed since you last played

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Wisler wrote:Thanks for the answers, glad to see the forums are still very active anyway. I'm going to stick with this game, look forward to playing with you all.

Yea for sure, you have many months of fun before runing out things to do.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Dallane » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:

Yea for sure, you have many months of fun before runing out things to do.

Sad truth of all MMOs. You got to find something to keep your attention after so much time in them.

Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Dallane wrote:Unfortunately JC has been busy with IRL.

Heffernan

Return to Help!