Refund Policy

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Refund Policy

Postby Memento » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:48 am

I did not know about the developer abuse before i purchased items from the store. What is the refund policy?
Memento

Re: Refund Policy

Postby Heffernan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:55 am

Memento wrote:I did not know about the developer abuse before i purchased items from the store. What is the refund policy?

Heffernan

Postby Judaism » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:56 am

I doubt you can take any legal actions, however you likely bought items with paypal.

This is Salem's EULA (you agreed to this when you played this game ever after 2014):
http://login.salemthegame.com/portal/eula

Other than that you should look at paypal terms:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-request-a-refund-faq406

Then again, I highly doubt you will be able to pull a succesful refund after this time-frame (usually has to be within a few days). Other than that, they covered themselves pretty well, however looking at the paypal-policies might have some exceptions in the book. That being said, this should not be at HOB here if its even allowed on the forums at all.

K. Money, paid by End User for an additional service, is not
subject to return and Mortal Moments Inc. shall not be
liable for the loss of the End User’s in-game values. End User
understands that additional services may be lost in-game via
permanent character death, looting, or pickpockets and accepts
this risk when making a purchase of additional services.
Last edited by Judaism on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Memento » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:02 am

Heffernan wrote:
Memento wrote:I did not know about the developer abuse before i purchased items from the store. What is the refund policy?

my join date has nothing to do with the date i purchased items.
Memento

Postby Memento » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:03 am

Judaism wrote:I doubt you can take any legal actions, however you likely bought items with paypal.

This is Salem's EULA (you agreed to this when you played this game ever after 2014):
http://login.salemthegame.com/portal/eula

Other than that you should look at paypal terms:
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-request-a-refund-faq406

Then again, I highly doubt you will be able to pull a succesful refund after this time-frame. That being said, this should not be at HOB here if its even allowed on the forums at all.

K. Money, paid by End User for an additional service, is not
subject to return and Mortal Moments Inc. shall not be
liable for the loss of the End User’s in-game values. End User
understands that additional services may be lost in-game via
permanent character death, looting, or pickpockets and accepts
this risk when making a purchase of additional services.

I did not lose the items. I still have them.
Memento

Postby Judaism » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:05 am

Memento wrote:I did not lose the items. I still have them.

Money, paid by End User for an additional service, is not
subject to return.

Therefore any attempts of refunds will most certainly not go through Salem, like I said the only way you might have a very slim chance is through Paypal since they have better rules/protection for customers and I am sure there are plenty of examples and cases regarding refunds on video games.

I have heard of one succesful refund many years ago (thru paypal), but bear in mind that his account got perma-banned for it and I think they have changed some things since to protect themselves better from there on.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Memento » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:23 am

Judaism wrote:
Memento wrote:I did not lose the items. I still have them.

Money, paid by End User for an additional service, is not
subject to return.

Therefore any attempts of refunds will most certainly not go through Salem, like I said the only way you might have a very slim chance is through Paypal since they have better rules/protection for customers and I am sure there are plenty of examples and cases regarding refunds on video games.

I have heard of one succesful refund many years ago (thru paypal), but bear in mind that his account got perma-banned for it and I think they have changed some things since to protect themselves better from there on.

Well i have not played since i heard of the developer abuse and the interference on the expedition so no worried about perma ban. I will give pay pal a try. Thanks for the advice.
Memento

Postby Dallane » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:13 am

I'm somewhat confused. How can you make a refund base on abuse.....that may or may not of happened.....AND not to you? You can always send a message to Marp. He might be able to get in touch with JC to speed things up.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 am

Dallane wrote:I'm somewhat confused. How can you make a refund base on abuse.....that may or may not of happened.....AND not to you? You can always send a message to Marp. He might be able to get in touch with JC to speed things up.

its fun because its not even HIm being abosed why would you requst a refund then...
Heffernan

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:36 pm

i something missing ? when devs abosed ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Next

Return to Help!