This is pathetic. How is this allowed?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: This is pathetic. How is this allowed?

Postby lillli » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:26 am

To all of you here I greatly appreciate your input.

My remarks should not have insulted any of you who play this game with good intent.

Lilli
lillli

Postby Chrumps » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:52 am

lillli wrote:My remarks should not have insulted any of you who play this game with good intent.

This game was not necessarily meant to be played with good intent. Adjust your future plans accordingly.
Chrumps

Postby Adelewhy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:43 pm

lillli wrote:WE took our cue from the losses we found after the last band of killers killed off most of that town. We built wall upon wall and made defensive items to kill anyone who encrouched on our property. WE locked all our fences This should have been more than enough. Yet as with everything in this game a thief can take it all just because he can. Not because he needs it but just because he is a gutless bully who is no doubt the same in life as he is in this game.

If the person who took over this claim had more to offer than being a bully and a thief I would see this differently

So tell me why is this worth my time and effort to rebuild yet again. I see no upside to there being no possiblity of dying of old age or insanity in this game.

When the majority of bases near yours are continuously knocked over, it is a cue that you are A. Built in a really bad location and B. You NEED a town. By visiting the forums it's pretty plain to see there is a lot of looting going on, especially of those who don't have towns. Players such as yourself have complained about this exact scenario before in the forums so it's worth reading HoB to see what is done and how. Salvaging has made it more likely you will be eminent domained because A. The cost for the town bell is recoverable by salvage and B. Recovering wrought and other valuable items using salvage has actually encouraged some to destroy an entire base instead of just robbing it.

As for bullying and thieving... both are sort of the points in this game. It's what makes it Salem. Still sucks when it happens to you personally but you live and learn.

As for rebuilding, I have no argument to encourage you to stay. The game is what the game is. You either roll with the punches and learn from OTHER'S mistakes by reading the forums or you don't.
Adelewhy

Postby belgear » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Post a topic in House of Burgesses with details (as ronch said) and a bleeding heart will come to your aid I am sure.

*is a bleeding heart*
belgear
Customer

Postby TheDuke86 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 pm

lillli wrote:To all of you here I greatly appreciate your input.

My remarks should not have insulted any of you who play this game with good intent.

Lilli

All in all, you NEED a tb or you’ll keep losing your stuff. I’m a pretty good judge at determining if a homestead will be worth 10k silver to pay for most of the cost of ED a claim as I’m sure others are as well. With current mechanics TB+Brick wall+torchposts will discourage many active raiders.

If you need help rebuilding let me know.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby nosfirebird » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:03 am

ooo weee that was a lot of rage who ever ed'ed that gj lol
nosfirebird

Previous

Return to Help!