Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby Ronch » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:One of the main tenants of this game is that EVERYTHING should be stealable. If you can't steal from a stall, then there has to be some other way to stop safe storage. Even the almost-safe bank silver has an option of allowing a raider to scare it out of you with a ransom demand.

I found this post from Meow while searching the forums for info on player-stalls.

Holy Crap, this game is awesome !
Can someone share how to use or navigate to this option, plz...
WTF, do I just park next to the bank and wait for opportunities to extort folks ? lol
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:05 pm

It's gonna cost ya 1 cloak and dagger to find out
User avatar
Rifmaster
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:13 am
Location: Chernobyl

Re: Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby Ronch » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:37 pm

I can spare some cloak n dagger points, so what do you mean ?
...If your reply was a hint, it went way over my head. :?
...If it was a troll post, why am I not surprised ?
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby Ronch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:18 am

...I want to extort too ! :cry:
Someone help me, or I will resort to bribing Marp with long-lost Gorniksam pics to get him to increase stall tax %.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby Dallane » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:24 am

Please don't start troll threads in the help section.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15042
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby Ronch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:27 am

Dallane wrote:Please don't start troll threads in the help section.

It isn't a troll thread Dalene, it's a serious question.
If you request, I will link the post that I quoted from Meow in this thread's OP.

Is banking-extortion not a feature in Salem anymore ?
...I want to extort someone in Salem !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
User avatar
Ronch
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 am

Re: Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby belgear » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 am

With the skill Yellow Belly, when you are KO'd by another player they have the option to ransom you home. They receive a % of the money in your bank. The extortion only happens if you manage to KO someone, they have the skill yellow belly, and have money in the bank
User avatar
belgear
Customer
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 am

Re: Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:13 pm

belgear wrote:With the skill Yellow Belly, when you are KO'd by another player they have the option to ransom you home. They receive a % of the money in your bank. The extortion only happens if you manage to KO someone, they have the skill yellow belly, and have money in the bank


Well that explains it. I never once used the ransom skill, not even for test purposes on my own characters. Had always thought that it was a ransom to take money off the character itself without having to commit crimes of theft/murder.

Does the victim have a choice to accept the ransom demand or does the attacker have free reign in whether or not the money is taken from the bank?
User avatar
MaxPlanck
Customer
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby belgear » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:17 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:
belgear wrote:With the skill Yellow Belly, when you are KO'd by another player they have the option to ransom you home. They receive a % of the money in your bank. The extortion only happens if you manage to KO someone, they have the skill yellow belly, and have money in the bank


Well that explains it. I never once used the ransom skill, not even for test purposes on my own characters. Had always thought that it was a ransom to take money off the character itself without having to commit crimes of theft/murder.

Does the victim have a choice to accept the ransom demand or does the attacker have free reign in whether or not the money is taken from the bank?

Victim gets to choose. Should also be noted that a person on a hostile claim cannot be ransomed home by anyone other than the claim owner/ maybe someone with permissions
User avatar
belgear
Customer
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 am

Re: Extortion demand to rob your Providence bank account ?

Postby Dallane » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Ronch wrote:
Dallane wrote:Please don't start troll threads in the help section.

It isn't a troll thread Dalene, it's a serious question.
If you request, I will link the post that I quoted from Meow in this thread's OP.

Is banking-extortion not a feature in Salem anymore ?
...I want to extort someone in Salem !


I honestly thought you were subtly trolling. Without context the post from meow it read to me like it's something they want to be in the future. If it is a thread about yellow belly then that is a skill as someone said above.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15042
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Next

Return to Help!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron