How dangerous is twillight

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

How dangerous is twillight

Postby catote2 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am

Thinking about giving Salem another try. Best toon is 150 humours. Does that work with twillight-challenges?
In particular, when Im KO'ed in combat by animals (as will happen), is that perma death or can you recover when camp is in twillight?
catote2

Re: How dangerous is twillight

Postby Taipion » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:18 am

150 is a tad bit low for darkness, to hunt things you do not find in lightness, you should go to something 300-500 I'd say.

Iirc, not all darkness mobs can perma-kill you, and the chance is in general low, if you did not try "tricks" to kill them.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby catote2 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Thanks, Taipion. I understand the humours are still pretty low as compared to the evil of darkness. And they must improve.
I was mainly wondering if I would survive a KO. Because afterwards you wake up without humours and in darkness there's this humour drain.
How does that work out?
catote2

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:40 pm

with 150 humours
+ need Spanish Sabre(Thrust) + Stomp + Bullrun
+ need Piercing Power (except mask, all items: Beaming-Proud Sunflower, Nails, Etterfang its minimum)
then you can kill:
Argopelter - still be hard but possible
Hydrukey - its easy but long-term-fight
Quetzalcoatl - 70hp... its easy one mistake and you brokebones...
Wishpoosh - its possible but long-term-fight

hard but possible
Furfur - but with better fighting set

For easy kill those monster - need min. 400 yellow bile

I was mainly wondering if I would survive a KO. Because afterwards you wake up without humours and in darkness there's this humour drain.
How does that work out?

you wake up with 5 biles - so fast need something eat ...

its my opinion
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Taipion » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:50 pm

catote2 wrote:Thanks, Taipion. I understand the humours are still pretty low as compared to the evil of darkness. And they must improve.
How does that work out?

You should have food at your base, the drain is from "soft" humors, that is where your food would fill it, given the time, not the humors you currently have.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JoanXena » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:20 pm

I was hunting furfur at 150, you should be fine just evade darkenbears.
JoanXena

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:03 pm

just go witch i don't think you will be able to survive in darkness enough to build a church
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Ronch » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Since the OP question asked about twilight, not Darkness:

None of the critters that I've messed with in "twilight" can kill players by KO unless it's under a blood-moon.
Also, the humor drain in "twilight" is minimal compared to the drain in Darkness.
A 150 humor character should do fine in "twilight", just don't go AFK (even inside of your base)

BTW, I am pretty sure that now would not be a good time to create or turn a Witch, because the Perennial-Philosophy skill that Witch's require to function can no longer be trained/raised until JC implements the Witchy-update.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Return to Help!