Ore Smelter collapsed?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Ore Smelter collapsed?

Postby Boxman61 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 am

I'm sorry if this is posted elsewhere...
I am fairly new to Salem and just build my Ore Smelter about 2 weeks ago, I have only smelted in it maybe 5 times and today while playing I loaded it up and began doing other things. Suddenly I head a crumbling sound as I swing my camera around I notice my ore smelter has disappeared. This is not the first time I have had things disappear but certainly the most expensive. Is this normal? should I prepare for my ore smelter to collapse randomly in the game?
Thank you
Boxman61

Re: Ore Smelter collapsed?

Postby Taipion » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:37 am

Things that are not on a claim, will decay over time, houses slowly, other things not so slowly.

If you want to call anything truly your own, you need a claim, gathering feathers and making charms should get you enough for a decent claim in no time.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby whitsend72 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:30 pm

I am assuming you built your smelter in a mine? The crumbling sound you heard was probably a cave-in. I had a cave in the other day that fell on one of my smelters and destroyed it.
whitsend72

Postby Boxman61 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:09 am

No, it was on the surface but the sound was similar to a collapse. I did not have a claim up at that time and have since changed that and rebuilt. Thank you for the help
Boxman61

Return to Help!