house bug

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

house bug

Postby Hellsblackace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 pm

stood in the middle of my house and ctrl clicked my canoe, only to see it get put down in the black area on the other side of the door.....
Hellsblackace

Re: house bug

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Yup you have to be careful on where you drop things in your house. Make a new canoe and learn from it lol.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Hellsblackace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:20 pm

when normally it's placed on the tiles in front of the character and this time it was placed 6 tiles behind the character thats called a bug, or poor coding(game breaking one at that)
Hellsblackace

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 pm

Hellsblackace wrote:when normally it's placed on the tiles in front of the character and this time it was placed 6 tiles behind the character thats called a bug, or poor coding(game breaking one at that)

Give more details of what happened. Post a screen of your exact position when laid down. Can you replicate this?

This is hardly game breaking at all.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Hellsblackace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:58 pm

https://imgur.com/NhOvsZv ok i walked in click towards the stove area to walk there then clicked toward the middle and walked there rotated the camera around to this angle then opened my inventory and ctrl clicked it and pop behind me
Hellsblackace

Postby Ronch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:30 am

My guess would have been latency, until I saw the screenshot.
This happened to me twice this morning at two locations on the map, was standing in shallow water a good 1 to 2 tiles from shore and the canoe landed repeatedly on the ground instead of the water, I gave up and just carried and dropped it in water.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby gorniksam » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 am

Hellsblackace wrote:https://imgur.com/NhOvsZv ok i walked in click towards the stove area to walk there then clicked toward the middle and walked there rotated the camera around to this angle then opened my inventory and ctrl clicked it and pop behind me

you should smoke some tobacco, your madness lvl looks high
gorniksam

Postby Taipion » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:43 am

gorniksam wrote:
Hellsblackace wrote:https://imgur.com/NhOvsZv ok i walked in click towards the stove area to walk there then clicked toward the middle and walked there rotated the camera around to this angle then opened my inventory and ctrl clicked it and pop behind me

you should smoke some tobacco, your madness lvl looks high

Uh, good point, he should...
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Hellsblackace » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 am

and ya game breaking as in a week to build used once and gone....considering i've only been here 3 weeks so will i be
Hellsblackace

Postby Taipion » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:01 am

I think you should be able to get the canoe back by salvaging and rebuilding that house, which should be far less expensive than the canoe,
though... I know containers like chests and cupboards survive that, but I honestly never tried that with a canoe. ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Next

Return to Help!