house bug

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: house bug

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:10 am

Hellsblackace wrote:and ya game breaking as in a week to build used once and gone....considering i've only been here 3 weeks so will i be

Thats not game breaking. Just a inconvenience for you. Like others said salvage the house and see if you can get it back.

Moving out of bugs unless you can replicate the issue
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Adelewhy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:02 am

Dallane wrote:
Hellsblackace wrote:and ya game breaking as in a week to build used once and gone....considering i've only been here 3 weeks so will i be

Thats not game breaking. Just a inconvenience for you. Like others said salvage the house and see if you can get it back.

Moving out of bugs unless you can replicate the issue

I messaged Marp a while back on Discord about this and provided a picture. He said word for word: "Yes this has been happening since canoes were released under jorb and loftar It's due to how canoes are created when dropped." So it's a known about thing. With that said, it's hardly a end all type of problem. Just salvage the house, the boat should pop out since all other items pop out. Ours was on a bigger house so we're just going to live with a canoe hanging out in the outer black areas of the house. Live and learn and carry on.
Adelewhy

Postby Hellsblackace » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 pm

ok so question if it's a "Known bug" then why would you move it out and i would be able to replicate the issue if i had my canoe back

and to those that tried to help thank you
Hellsblackace

Postby Ronch » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 am

Hellsblackace wrote:ok so question if it's a "Known bug" then why would you move it out and i would be able to replicate the issue if i had my canoe back

and to those that tried to help thank you
There is a lot of stuff going on currently that is keeping the Developer from tending to anything but the most urgent business that pops up in the game, so minor bugs probably will not be being addressed for awhile, maybe longer.

Anyway, if you have not yet:
It's not hard to replace the house that you've built, as other's have already suggested to you here.
So, just destroy the house and your canoe should be laying on the ground ready for you to pick it up again.
(don't unload the canoe inside of a building again, keep it on your back in the backpack slot)

Also, other members have also already mentioned that in your screenshot they noticed that you need to attend to your character's madness level, quickly attend to it or your character will die very, very, very soon, die from insanity.
...If you are not familiar with the game's madness feature yet, you should look it up on wiki, ASAP.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Hellsblackace » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 pm

thank you for the help i did destroy the house and get my canoe back (which should at least be mentioned on the wiki if not a KNOWN BUGS list that this can happen and the fix for it) and tended to my madness level but considering i just click shake on a rotten log and it split it instead spilling my inventory losing me the 300 silver I've managed to save.....ya there might be TOO many bugs in this "game"
Hellsblackace

Postby Taipion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Hellsblackace wrote:thank you for the help i did destroy the house and get my canoe back (which should at least be mentioned on the wiki if not a KNOWN BUGS list that this can happen and the fix for it) and tended to my madness level but considering i just click shake on a rotten log and it split it instead spilling my inventory losing me the 300 silver I've managed to save.....ya there might be TOO many bugs in this "game"

You might have just misclicked on the that log, or pushed "1" or "2" which activates the respective option.
In all my time here I have never experienced, nor even heard of items doing other options that those selected.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Hellsblackace » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:41 pm

i clicked the top option which if i remember right was the shake option
didn't know about the 1,2 thing tho but i wasn't moving i had a hollow log open the rotten one was in it
Hellsblackace

Postby Hellsblackace » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:45 pm

and i was just about to make a purse too...fing *****
ya just double checked ya top option is SHAKE

.....ya i tried to ignore and carry on but no back to wurm
Hellsblackace

Postby Taipion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:07 pm

Hellsblackace wrote:and i was just about to make a purse too...fing *****
ya just double checked ya top option is SHAKE

.....ya i tried to ignore and carry on but no back to wurm

Looked to me that you made that decision not just now,
if you're so easily upset, Salem is probably no game for you anyways. ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:49 am

Yeah, what Taipion has told you is totally honest about how harsh this game can be, and that many folks won't enjoy it just because it is such an unforgiving 'survival' game.

But, I hope you decide to stick around because you will find out that it really isn't very hard for a player to recovery anything that they lose in this game.
And also, once you get "the Salem experience" which you just received the first dose of this week, the game gets a little easier and has much more to offer after your initial traumatic learning experience(s) playing it.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Previous

Return to Help!