madness

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

madness

Postby Hellsblackace » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:34 pm

logged in lit my smelter sifted some rubble got enough black sand to finish a silicate compound to make the last one i needed to make a glass pane when that was finished i was moving stuff around in my boxes when i notice voices in the background alot look up to notice that my madness level has jumped in under 20 mins a good 5 levels smelter is still going
Hellsblackace

Re: madness

Postby Hellsblackace » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 pm

used all my tobacco to drop 3 levels and in 10 mins back up 3 levels????
Hellsblackace

Postby NeiroShop » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 pm

You have a hanged man near your place. (they spawn in spider forest or w/e you call it). If you see a tree that looks dead cut it down even if there is no hanged man on it.
NeiroShop

Postby bergamoth87 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:25 pm

If you have the time.... chop down ALL trees around your base and pave all the ground.... The area for the hanged man effect is big, so get to work!!! Its what I did.. Not sure if works or not.. But i've never seen a hanged man around my home.
bergamoth87

Postby Hellsblackace » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:58 am

wow 9 hours of walking an alt to my farm to cut down a tree....do that log my main in and take care of him build my first house and the first thing i try to place in my house goes through the wall and now i can't get it
Hellsblackace

Postby bergamoth87 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Hellsblackace wrote:wow 9 hours of walking an alt to my farm to cut down a tree....do that log my main in and take care of him build my first house and the first thing i try to place in my house goes through the wall and now i can't get it

Game is... tricky... But stick to it and you'll find some magic! Might be frustrating sometimes, even enfuriating.. But every mistake you make is teaching you. Next time you won't make it! You'r gonna look back and say "lol, what a noob i was" and feel better that you're skilled now! And then you're going to make more and more mistakes and so forth. This game is very rewarding in that regard IMO.
bergamoth87

Postby Chrumps » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm

You do not need to walk an alt to your base, just make a survey and hand it over to the alt. Make sure you make the survey on unclaimed land.
Then you show the survey to the guys by the wagon near the church.

Hangmen appear only in the "spider biome" the orange-green one. If you turn on "raider mode trees" option in Latikai all trees will shrink except the one with hangman.
Chrumps

Postby Dallane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Not a bug, moved to help
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Return to Help!