Burial Rights/Paying Respect

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Burial Rights/Paying Respect

Postby thatguy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:27 am

Has paying respect with flowers to a tombstone been disabled? Or is there limitations to it? Tried it for first time and nothing happened. Checked back 24hrs later, and still nothing.
thatguy

Re: Burial Rights/Paying Respect

Postby Ronch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 am

I pay respects several times a week and it is still working for me, I usually use the redish-orange poinsettia shaped flowers. (should still be every 24 hours)

The white daisy flowers abundant in grasslands do not work, I think I remember another flower not working too, but cannot recall which one.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby iordanis21 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:34 am

Is it your direct ancestor? If not, then you can't pay respects.
iordanis21

Postby thatguy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:21 am

I used a red rose. I will try a different flower.
thatguy

Postby Ronch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:17 pm

thatguy wrote:I used a red rose. I will try a different flower.

Red roses do work to pay respects, I tried one today after reading your last post.
But I am not sure if dried/dehydrated roses will work.

The only two things left that I can think of are;
1, Like iordanis21 suggested; you are not using the corpses direct ancestor to pay respects with.
Did you create an ancestor of the deceased in the tutorial after the character's death ?
Or,
2, A Witch-player possibly had access to the corps before it was buried.
(I don't know much about the game's witchcraft yet, so the Witchy stuff is a stretched guess)
Ronch

Postby thatguy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 am

It is a direct ancestor. I don't know if witchcraft has been a factor. Does the bonus stop once the proficiency is higher than the ancestor? That is the only other thing I could think of. When you pay respects, does it show immediately, or in 24hrs? Thanks for helping me problem solve this.
thatguy

Postby Ronch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:30 am

When I first started paying respects a few months ago it showed immediately, however I am a little on the lazy side so after a few weeks I just stopped checking.
The client that I use to play the game with also stopped giving system messages about 2 months ago too as to which skills were increased after paying respects each time.

As to your other question about does paying respect eventually exhaust when the ancestors skill level has been passed; I do not know, but I assume that it does not exhaust because wiki says only that descendants will gain a percentage of the ancestor's proficiency/skill each time.

I am pretty much out of idea's now on this issue, so if a more experienced player than me has not posted here to answer your questions by the next day or two, then if I were you I would send a PM to TotallyMeow, (the game's community manager) and pose these same questions to her.

Good luck, sorry that I could not help.
You have raised enough concerns in me about it now too, so I will begin checking again each time that I pay respects and will let you know what I find.
Ronch

Postby Taipion » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:49 am

You can not gain more than the ancestor had.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ronch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:03 am

Taipion wrote:You can not gain more than the ancestor had.

Thanks Taipion.
Is there a way to see our dead character's profile to check their skill levels from our account page here ? ...the only characters that I can see there are the characters that are still living.
Ronch

Postby thatguy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:26 am

Thanks Taipion. That makes sense. Ronch, click on the char under Account, then click on the ancestor name. It shows all there stats.
thatguy

Next

Return to Help!