Hypothermia Blues

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Hypothermia Blues

Postby qbradq » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:03 pm

I played Salem back in 2014 and really enjoyed it. I am loving the changes between then and now, except Hypothermia. The Hypothermia mechanic seems like a particularly harsh newbie trap (as if plague alts and cursed items weren't bad enough). I already knew enough about the game to treat Providence like home base and my lean-to as a forward outpost. I was able to hop back-and-forth between the barn and my lean-to enough until I found a half-decent newbie spot and built a hovel. But now that I scraped together a woo-woo-wand I am unable to venture very far to find a favorable spot for the early-game.

I now find myself considering a semi-permanent newbie camp for growing cotton to put together proper clothing and saving for a claim. Am I doing to wrong?
qbradq

Re: Hypothermia Blues

Postby Nikixos » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:17 am

just craft jute clothes
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby rodneymillerpca » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:22 am

Nikixos wrote:just craft jute clothes

+1

Yes. Please do. :lol: or message me when your in town and I'll bring you a set of clothes.
Youth are our best investment. Invest in them wisely to yield the best return.
rodneymillerpca

Postby qbradq » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Wearing Jute Shorts and Bark Boots gave me I think 24 Thermal which was insufficient. Adding a Frontiersman's Duster to the coat slot has me gaining warmth during Cold Snap.

Edit: Also I found that a Maple Mustache Mask adds 3 Thermal, and is quick newbie-cique :)
qbradq

Postby Nikixos » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 pm

correction to my post: just craft crow cape
Image Image
Nikixos

Return to Help!