Where did the Potato Seeds go?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Where did the Potato Seeds go?

Postby Lillli » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:53 am

Where did the potato seeds go? The only place I knew where to get them was in town over by the sellers in the barn area. Its the guy that sells all the seeds and manure. He used to have potato seeds all the time. For at least 2 months there have been none. What gives? Is this game no longer being supported? I only ask because I go foraging often and there just seems to be less out there! Including the missing potato seeds, the furniture guy not selling furniture anymore (he only sells wall papers!) What gives?
Lillli

Re: Where did the Potato Seeds go?

Postby Taipion » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:06 am

If you still have potato seeds, they do work, but, there is no way to acquire more seeds, though, you can plant potatoes.
Dig in the earth until you find wild tubers, plant those on a field.
If you harvest a potato field, split the potatoes you got from the field and plant the chunks.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Lillli » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:16 am

I have plenty of wild tubers but they are not interchangeable in the recipes at least not when I have tried. Does anyone know how many potatoes it takes to plant a field. I would hate to cut up too many or too few. It would have been so much simpler to keep the seeds!

Thanks for the help.
Lillli
Lillli

Postby Adelewhy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:08 am

JC changed potatoes a few months ago. We are now supposed to split potatoes in order to plant the potato chucks... much like you would do in real life. You only need one chunk of potato per field and you get several chucks per potato so one potato will plant a few fields. The wild tubers can be planted straight into a field and will produce potatoes at harvest time. I don't believe they can be split though so you'll either have to buy a potato from a player stall to split and plant or plant the tubers at the cost of one tuber per field.
Adelewhy

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:30 pm

just split a potato, it gives you like 5 chunks
Rifmaster

Return to Help!