tree log falls too far away

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

tree log falls too far away

Postby iamah » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 pm

You can see it fell far away from the tree's root, I think it's because I resized the window while chopping the tree. I made it really small to keep an eye on it while browsing.

I'm guessing the tree falling so far away from the root it's a bug? It can't be lifted.
Attachments
wtf.JPG
wtf.JPG (60.83 KiB) Viewed 1893 times
iamah

Re: tree log falls too far away

Postby Procne » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:04 pm

No, it's normal. Tree falls in direction which you are facing while cutting. So you can control where it falls
Procne

Postby HasseKebab » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Procne wrote:No, it's normal. Tree falls in direction which you are facing while cutting. So you can control where it falls

Don wrote:Damn rite son

now lock dis thread.
HasseKebab

Postby harflimon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:18 pm

It can't be lifted because it's in water. It always falls the opposite side of where you are chopping, unless there are obstructions in the way. You should chop on the other side so that it falls the other way when there is water.

As for the distance that looks to be the normal distance a tree falls from my experience. Doesn't look to be a bug.
harflimon

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:26 pm

All of the above are more or less correct, however, it can be lifted. You'll need a boat to do so.

Not a bug and moved to the Help! section.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Help!