Can't interact

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Can't interact

Postby JumperLuca93 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:58 am

Hi guys, i'm having a problem, yesteday i've created a drying rack but i can't place anything on it, today i tryed with another item, so i've created the fireplace, once the construction was finished i opened the fireplace inventory for placing the wood, but i cant' place anything, no branches or logs, what can i do? do i have to create another character?
JumperLuca93

Re: Can't interact

Postby Taipion » Sat May 26, 2018 10:31 am

JumperLuca93 wrote:Hi guys, i'm having a problem, yesteday i've created a drying rack but i can't place anything on it, today i tryed with another item, so i've created the fireplace, once the construction was finished i opened the fireplace inventory for placing the wood, but i cant' place anything, no branches or logs, what can i do? do i have to create another character?

Fueling something (like, putting wood/branches) in a fireplace is by rightclicking the fuel on it.

Take a good look at the wiki for what actually goes into a drying rack or fireplace.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby JumperLuca93 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:38 am

already checked, twice, nothing happen, i don't want to recreate a character...
JumperLuca93

Postby Taipion » Sat May 26, 2018 11:10 am

JumperLuca93 wrote:already checked, twice, nothing happen, i don't want to recreate a character...

Please give an exact description (click by click) of what you do, then it should be easy to tell why it is not working.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Champie » Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am

JumperLuca93 wrote:already checked, twice, nothing happen, i don't want to recreate a character...

First thing you need to do is Calm down...you don't have to recreate a character.

The drying rack: right click the drying rack and it opens up a small window with 2 square slots. If you have an item that can be placed on a drying rack, like soaked bark, or raw animal hide (not dried rattler skin or the white birch bark), then you can LEFT CLICK the item in your inventory and then LEFT CLICK it onto an available slot on the drying rack.

The Fireplace: the fireplace must have fuel (wooden blocks, branches, pine cone scales. To add fuel to a fireplace you must LEFT CLICK the item in your inventory and RIGHT CLICK the item on the rock edge of the empty fireplace. Once there is at least one item added as fuel, a small pile appears in the center of the rock circle. When you continue to add more fuel, you can then LEFT CLICK the item in your inventory and RIGHT CLICK on the rock edge OR the little pile of wood.

To activate the fireplace for use, you RIGHT CLICK the fireplace and your character will move to it and make sound effect and open the fireplace window. There you can add items that are allowed to be placed in the fireplace (crabs, rocks, milkweed root, unbaked clay pots, and some foods, etc). You do this the same way you add items to the drying rack.

FYI - there are keyboard and mouse shortcuts as well.
- Holding Shift while moving mouse wheel will add and remove items based on their order in your inventory
- Holding Shift while clicking an item will move it from one inventory to another open inventory window.
- Shift-Alt clicking an item will move all similar items from where you clicked to another open inventory (box, fireplace, backpack, etc)
- Ctrl while clicking an item will DROP that item from the inventory and place it on the ground.
*** Warning: some items disappear when dropped on ground and sometimes an item can be difficult or impossible to pick up once dropped depending on the infrastructure around you when you drop the item.
- Ctrl- Alt clicking an item will DROP all similar items from the inventory

Does that help?
Champie

Postby JumperLuca93 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:04 pm

no, it doesn't probably i got a bug, i dunno, i can tell you what i've done, in the turial i've studied a lot of items for leveling up quickly i lot of skill like 10 or 8, plus a lot of skills, maybe is that? the game got mad cos i've rushed? XD
JumperLuca93

Postby Taipion » Sun May 27, 2018 6:21 pm

JumperLuca93 wrote:no, it doesn't probably i got a bug, i dunno, i can tell you what i've done, in the turial i've studied a lot of items for leveling up quickly i lot of skill like 10 or 8, plus a lot of skills, maybe is that? the game got mad cos i've rushed? XD

That's nothing special, really not uncommon, like, on the last expedition server, it was quite common to get certain professions to 30+ and 20-30 all humors before leaving the tutorial area.

I ask you again, explain click by click what you do, so we can tell you why it does not work.
Taipion

Postby Chrumps » Mon May 28, 2018 8:59 am

I would add that if you use custom client sometimes interface windows are displayed off-screen and you may think nothing happened. If you use the latest version of Latikai client you can use it auto-fix feature.
To test it try to move inventory window so it is partially off screen, then resize slightly game window. The inventory should be moved inside game screen now (if it is not too big). The same applies to any moveable interface window.
Chrumps

Return to Help!