Domesticated Animals

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Domesticated Animals

Postby naric » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:39 am

Why it is a top secret information? Wiki page https://kralith.de/page/Domesticated_Animals is not enough to keep animals.
Developers, you are clever to make a program code, but aren't you clever to write a guide? Animals are too rare to experiment with them.
1. How to low temperament?
2. How to low Orrnery?
3. How to low Vulnerability?
4. How to low Metabolism?
5. How and why to brand animals?

All I could find out:
1. to make animal follow you, you need to take a rope and RCM it on animal and then put rope into hand slot. Now you can go with animal and even teleport.
2. To feed animal you need to build a Food Trough and feel it witn Cabbage Leaves or Pumpkin flesh.
3. You can feed Goat with Clower by RCM Clower on Goat, but it has no effect on any stat.
4. When animal's temperament is 100 it begin to turn out Food Trough.
5. If you flip over Food Trough close to walls. it will brake out. Do this on clear area.
6. If you have single male, its temperament costantly increases. To stop this you can castrate male with scissors in hand.
7. Temprement can be lowered manually by feeding each animal a treat they like:
Pigs: Walnuts
Sheep: Carrots
Goats: Baby corn
Cows: Clover
Temprement can also be lowered naturally - mostly through the animals breeding.

Now I have 2 male goats in house (coldsnap) and their temperament increases every day. One has temperament=100 and it turned out Food Trough. I have no idea what to do with it.
Last edited by naric on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
naric

Re: Domesticated Animals

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:51 am

Maybe you should give up on a proffesion that does not suit you?
Or just call in the goat whisperer, i bet he know the secret to calm them down :)
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Ronch » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:01 am

Basically, animal-husbandry is a newer skill in the game, it's workings are sort of held as a guilded/secret by players who've blindly invested a lot of time and energy already into that skill.
...meaning you are not likely to get the (quick) answers in public about animal-husbandry that you are looking for.

Here is a hint on animal's temperament;
Right click on an animal and look at the options that pop up after that click.

I suggest that you gravitate toward friending in what ever way possible one or more of the many players who trade farm animals or farm animal parts-n-pieces on these forums, and then ask them your animal-question(s) in private. And or, search the forums with key words related to farm animals or animal-husbandry.

Although it isn't officially a no-no to communicate about animal-husbandry publicly, there are two official taboos to communicate publicly about in this game:
Witch-craft and the Mason's guild.

Here is another heads-up about the game's secrets: :twisted:
Exclusively only in Dalane's brilliant mind it is also a taboo to publicly communicate about His Majesty's Stall sales too.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Lusewing » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:25 pm

The only way you can change an animals stats is by breeding them and getting new animals with (hopefully) better stats. The first three stats you want low (left), the last three stats you want high (right)
Temprement can be lowered by feeding each animal a treat they like:
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby lachlaan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:51 pm

While you're questioning these top secret government coverups, might I suggest the lifelong question that the government refuses to answer : "How I mine for fish?"
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby rodneymillerpca » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:23 am

lachlaan wrote:While you're questioning these top secret government coverups, might I suggest the lifelong question that the government refuses to answer : "How I mine for fish?"

OU, OU, OU! I GOT THIS ONE! I suggest a fishing rod and worms. https://salemthegame.wiki/page/GameMenu/Craft/Fishing_EquipmentThe secret to this is you need a body of water as well. rofl
Youth are our best investment. Invest in them wisely to yield the best return.
rodneymillerpca

Postby naric » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:02 am

Lusewing wrote:The only way you can change an animals stats is by breeding them and getting new animals with (hopefully) better stats. The first three stats you want low (left), the last three stats you want high (right)
Temprement can be lowered by feeding each animal a treat they like:

Oh thank you! 1 baby corn decrease temperament by 18. But goat also accepts a Clower with no effect.
As experiment I castrated 1 Goat (temp=100) yesterday, and now its temp=96.
I have added this info to my first topic. Maybe soon it become a mini-guide.
naric

Postby Lusewing » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:52 am

Animals also have lifespans - so don't expect your goats to live forever like the turkeys do.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Nsuidara » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Domesticated Animals its cutes
but usless...
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Cawalox » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Snu, do not troll the help.
Animals have quite a few uses.