Found a piglet in, what do i do next?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Found a piglet in, what do i do next?

Postby turtlepond » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:11 am

Hi, I found a piglet and a lamb out in the woods. I managed to learn pig keeping, and I have named the pig. but I cannot pick it up or lead it anywhere. I built a feed trough near it, but its not using it. I did add grass to it. Do they freeze? because it is fall season now and the pig and lamb are both just sitting there bobbing their heads about. I am trying to get wrangling. Will I be able to move them about with that skill? And do they NEED a barn? what affect does playing have on them? Guess I have a lot of questions. Any help is appreciated though. Thank you.

Oh. I also noticed that the temperament is lowering over time. Especially when I play with it. what does that mean?
turtlepond

Re: Found a piglet in, what do i do next?

Postby Ronch » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:39 am

turtlepond wrote:Hi, I found a piglet and a lamb out in the woods. I managed to learn pig keeping, and I have named the pig. but I cannot pick it up or lead it anywhere. I built a feed trough near it, but its not using it. I did add grass to it. Do they freeze? because it is fall season now and the pig and lamb are both just sitting there bobbing their heads about. I am trying to get wrangling. Will I be able to move them about with that skill? And do they NEED a barn? what affect does playing have on them? Guess I have a lot of questions. Any help is appreciated though. Thank you.

Oh. I also noticed that the temperament is lowering over time. Especially when I play with it. what does that mean?

If it is close to your base just make a rope out of 12 fibers using a loom and then go back and click the rope on the animals one at a time, or two at a time if you have 2 ropes, then they will follow you to your base.
(even though at times it might look like they stopped following you).

If you are not near your base, you will still need a rope to capture them, either way you will need a rope.

Msg me pvt on these forums and I will set you up with a Village mayor who will pay you close to 5k silver coins just for the lamb, not sure what they will pay in addition to that for the piglet though.

Good luck. ....don't take the animals to town unless you already have the sale of the animals previously set up, and then only do the trade when the server is least populated because a few bored rascal players will try to kill your critters while you have them roped in town.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby grapefruitv » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:48 am

From the description it seems like your animals are sick (sitting and bobbing heads indicates that). You can't use a rope on sick animals, so you would need to craft meds for them first. Medicine for pigs should be unlocked with the skill you've learned, you can find it in crafting menu.
If you will be able to cure them and bring them to your base, then make sure they stay inside any building you have. This should lower their chances at getting sick again.
grapefruitv

Postby turtlepond » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:54 am

Thank you for your help. I will try it all out and see what happens.
turtlepond

Postby TheDuke86 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:45 am

turtlepond wrote:Thank you for your help. I will try it all out and see what happens.

Kill them and eat them, and when your barn is up I’ll give you a pair of each.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:19 pm

He may as well use these to get practice on taking care of animals, even if they do die early.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Heffernan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 pm

This also Helps

https://salemthegame.wiki/page/Domesticated_Animals

(the Buying Animals part of outdated u cant buy them anymore)
Heffernan

Return to Help!