Hanged Man and Madness

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Hanged Man and Madness

Postby Petunnia » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:15 pm

I've been playing for about a week and now I have a hanged man near my homestead. My character is gaining madness levels. I've tried clicking on the man and the tree. I read that cutting down the tree would get rid of it but I'm not getting any option to cut the tree or anything. I can't figure out what to do. I have an axe equipped.
Petunnia

Re: Hanged Man and Madness

Postby gorniksam » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:14 am

thats an event, you need to have probably revange skill to "cut hanged man off" or give me map and i can do it by own
gorniksam

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:04 am

(don't give anyone a map to your base, unless you already know that person (can trust them))

You need Larceny skill to loot/cut-down the hanging-man, but you should still be able to chop down the tree without looting the hanging-man.

When you try again, try approaching the tree from a few different angles, one of those angles should allow you to chop it down.
Once chopped down the insanity will stop increasing so fast.
...If you still cannot chop down the tree, then post this in Bugs & Technicalities forum, and just stay logged out with this character at this base until a Developer has time to help you out.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Adelewhy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:08 am

Ronch wrote:(don't give anyone a map to your base, unless you already know that person (can trust them))

You need Larceny skill to loot/cut-down the hanging-man, but you should still be able to chop down the tree without looting the hanging-man.

When you try again, try approaching the tree from a few different angles, one of those angles should allow you to chop it down.
Once chopped down the insanity will stop increasing so fast.
...If you still cannot chop down the tree, then post this in Bugs & Technicalities forum, and just stay logged out with this character at this base until a Developer has time to help you out.

Ronch is right, never give a map unless its a trusted friend and you're approaching the tree from the wrong angle. Try standing on the opposite side of the guy that's hanging and then try to chop it. Otherwise he's in the way. Or just study a bit to get larceny and loot him yourself.
Adelewhy

Postby Petunnia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:14 am

Thank you! I got it figured out. Until I did, I just moved to a different location, away from it, hoping that would help. Then, I came back and tried again and was able to chop it down. I had thought it was a bad idea to give a map to someone I didn't know (which is everyone at the moment :lol: ). Anyway, thanks again!
Petunnia

Return to Help!