Hearing voices at madness lvl 0?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Hearing voices at madness lvl 0?

Postby LaserSaysPew » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Yesterday I got madness level 1 ("2" near the mask). Then I went to sleep (no teddybear, no tobacco). I woke up with madness level 0 for some reason ("1" near the mask). Then I heard something about drinking lime xD Is it some sort of a bug and which one: wrong madness display or whisper that shouldn't be there?

While we're at it: catching a butterfly gives some sanity, right? What if I catch it, release, catch it again? Will I get sanity second time?
LaserSaysPew

Re: Hearing voices at madness lvl 0?

Postby Taipion » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:58 pm

LaserSaysPew wrote:Yesterday I got madness level 1 ("2" near the mask). Then I went to sleep (no teddybear, no tobacco). I woke up with madness level 0 for some reason ("1" near the mask). Then I heard something about drinking lime xD Is it some sort of a bug and which one: wrong madness display or whisper that shouldn't be there?

While we're at it: catching a butterfly gives some sanity, right? What if I catch it, release, catch it again? Will I get sanity second time?

You may very well hear madness sounds while lvl 0 (1 near mask) is displayed,
for on the server side you may be at lvl 1 (2 near mask) or higher again already, but the server won't necessarily tell you immediately. ^^

If you reduce your madness via teddy, tobacco or hookah, it may be a good idea to use some inspirationals or instruments right away,
as you are usually close to reaching another lvl again right after lowering it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Adelewhy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Taipion wrote:
LaserSaysPew wrote:Yesterday I got madness level 1 ("2" near the mask). Then I went to sleep (no teddybear, no tobacco). I woke up with madness level 0 for some reason ("1" near the mask). Then I heard something about drinking lime xD Is it some sort of a bug and which one: wrong madness display or whisper that shouldn't be there?

You may very well hear madness sounds while lvl 0 (1 near mask) is displayed,
for on the server side you may be at lvl 1 (2 near mask) or higher again already, but the server won't necessarily tell you immediately. ^^

And when it does let you know it says "you've gained one level madness" making it seem as if you just gained a level when in fact..its the level from the other day.
Adelewhy

Postby lachlaan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 pm

"Yes yessss i should drink the milk of lime". The voices are currently one of the best aspects of the game imo, mood wise. Get high madness, butcher sneks and keep snake whiskers on for a full day!
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Adelewhy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:45 am

lachlaan wrote:"Yes yessss i should drink the milk of lime". The voices are currently one of the best aspects of the game imo, mood wise. Get high madness, butcher sneks and keep snake whiskers on for a full day!

A few days ago I heard voices that said "my neighbors are trying to kill me". How very fitting for Salem. The voices are indeed a lot of fun.
Adelewhy

Return to Help!