Psychic hunter?!

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Psychic hunter?!

Postby LaserSaysPew » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 pm

I was hunting and noticed lots of killed beavers. Most of them weren't skinned or butchered, some of them were. I butchered them and noticed that NONE of those untouched ones gave me lard. The ones that hunter butchered weren't really butchered, when I tried first thing I got was brain. It seems like he butchered for lard only and knew which ones will give it before even trying. Is that really possible? Is there a way to know beforehand?
LaserSaysPew

Re: Psychic hunter?!

Postby gorniksam » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:54 pm

yes
gorniksam

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:12 am

All the mob specific drops come before brain.
On your example, beaver will drop beaver teeth, beaver tail and lard before brains.
So, if you get brains first then you didnt had any luck with 'rare' drops.
Other animals and darkness monsters follow the same rules but with different drops obviously.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:40 am

ZoddAlmighty wrote:All the mob specific drops come before brain.
On your example, beaver will drop beaver teeth, beaver tail and lard before brains.
Other animals and darkness monsters follow the same rules but with different drops obviously.

What's your point? I knew that, I asked about knowing what you'll get before butchering. I kinda stated that butchering those "touched" corpses gave me brain as first item which meant that it WAS butchered for lard/tail/teeth. xD
LaserSaysPew

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:42 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:

What's your point? I knew that, I asked about knowing what you'll get before butchering. I kinda stated that butchering those "touched" corpses gave me brain as first item which meant that it WAS butchered for lard/tail/teeth. xD

Woah, sorry buddy.
I did not see that Salem diploma on your wall. My bad
ZoddAlmighty

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:08 am

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
LaserSaysPew wrote:

Woah, sorry buddy.
I did not see that Salem diploma on your wall. My bad

Don't get so touchy. Noone's forcing you to reply in the help section, it's not your job or something. But if you do at least read the question first. You're acting like a bad techsupport, read 3 first words and copy/paste FAQ section for those words instead of reading till the end.
*a guy asks about knowing what beaver corpse will drop lard before butchering it? Gonna tell him that rare loot drops before brains and he needs to be lucky. He didn't find it helpful?! Huh. Time to go full sarcasm*
LaserSaysPew

Postby Dallane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 am

Stop fighting in help
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:16 am

Dallane wrote:Stop fighting in help

Im sorry for being a bad tech support.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:41 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:I was hunting and noticed lots of killed beavers. Most of them weren't skinned or butchered, some of them were. I butchered them and noticed that NONE of those untouched ones gave me lard. The ones that hunter butchered weren't really butchered, when I tried first thing I got was brain. It seems like he butchered for lard only and knew which ones will give it before even trying. Is that really possible? Is there a way to know beforehand?

There is not a way to tell beforehand, unless there is a butchering bug that gorniksam knows about and hasn't reported, in which case JC will probably level her base when someone finally does report it. Most likely someone was just skinning the beavers and leaving the bodies and they didn't happen to have anything rare.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Chrumps » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:10 pm

When you get 2 lards from a beaver you know there will not be a third one.
Chrumps

Return to Help!