HELP ADMIN or DEV! I MESSED UP!

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: HELP ADMIN or DEV! I MESSED UP!

Postby harflimon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 am

Don't hit buttons on an assumption and get butthurt when it doesn't do what you thought. This is a beta, there is no point in writing tutorials and tooltips for everything since most of it could possibly change.

You could have asked what the declaim button did on the forums before doing it. While I know the wiki isn't official, it's pretty clear on what happens when you press the declaim button on the stake claim entry. There were plenty of ways of figuring out what would have happened before doing it. Shoot first and ask questions later just lost you your week's worth of work.
harflimon

Re: HELP ADMIN or DEV! I MESSED UP!

Postby ramuller » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 am

This isn't the only place where the UI is unforgiving of either misunderstandings or fumble fingered errors: wait until you start getting water out of a stream with a bucket -- if you don't do it "right" you end up dropping the bucket into the water where it gets washed away (I think I did that twice at 30 silver each for the nail). Unfortunately, the UI as it exists now is missing a few safety features and isn't designed with the idea of minimizing fingering mistakes -- I don't mind when I make a tactical error and get myself killed, but messing up right and left mouse buttons or shift and control modifiers when you are tired is just too easy.
Swordmage
ramuller

Previous

Return to Help!