Finding my personal claim and exploring?!?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Finding my personal claim and exploring?!?

Postby Darksshades » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 am

Hey,

I'was wondering how do you find your personal claim.... If I leave my personal claim and explore, the only way to come back that I know is back-tracking my way of teleporting with no-itens.

So if I want to keep the itens I got from exploring.... how to I get back?? (Assuming I get lost and don't know the way back)

There's no arrow pointing to my claim and teleporting while lifting doesn't seem to work either.
Darksshades

Re: Finding my personal claim and exploring?!?

Postby Dallane » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:28 am

Darksshades wrote:Hey,

I'was wondering how do you find your personal claim.... If I leave my personal claim and explore, the only way to come back that I know is back-tracking my way of teleporting with no-itens.

So if I want to keep the itens I got from exploring.... how to I get back?? (Assuming I get lost and don't know the way back)

There's no arrow pointing to my claim and teleporting while lifting doesn't seem to work either.

remember your way or drop everything and tele. to get a arrow you need to have a friend or 2nd account and party with them there
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nixman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:46 am

If you use Enders custom client, it has a mapping feature. Check here to download and use the map tool:
(Also Ender client saves the minimap per play session)

http://code.google.com/p/salem-map-tool/wiki/Howto
Nixman

Postby Darksshades » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 am

Yea, I have my map merged, just making sure there wasnt another way o/...

Cause exploring without a teleport back kinda of limits how far you can go explore for Items, as the jorney back will be just as long <o>
Darksshades

Postby Sevenless » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:08 am

Darksshades wrote:Yea, I have my map merged, just making sure there wasnt another way o/...

Cause exploring without a teleport back kinda of limits how far you can go explore for Items, as the jorney back will be just as long <o>

Once you know the lay of the land you turn back when your inventory is half full and travel just outside your original path so spawns are still fresh. You arrive back and pick up the last inventory slot worth of stuff within a minimap of home base.

Just takes some practice.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Darksshades » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 am

Sevenless wrote:
Once you know the lay of the land you turn back when your inventory is half full and travel just outside your original path so spawns are still fresh. You arrive back and pick up the last inventory slot worth of stuff within a minimap of home base.

Just takes some practice.

Uhmmmmm..... I think I get it. But that limits how far you can go to explore for itens.

If a certain Biome doesn't exists near you It'll take extremely long to get items from it and back <o>.
Darksshades

Postby Dallane » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 am

Darksshades wrote:If a certain Biome doesn't exists near you It'll take extremely long to get items from it and back <o>.

thats why you need to settle on a good spot.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darksshades » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 am

I see õ.õ.... but there aren't transportation methods yet right?

Like Waggons or something to move faster OR transport more things.... So that the explore trips yields more.
Darksshades

Postby Dallane » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 am

Darksshades wrote:I see õ.õ.... but there aren't transportation methods yet right?

Like Waggons or something to move faster OR transport more things.... So that the explore trips yields more.

Atm there is a sled that can hold 4 storage containers but it is kinda slow.

later we will have wagons and horse

Dallane

Postby Darksshades » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 am

Oh... Nice o/....

Thanks for the info guys.
Darksshades

Return to Help!