Earthen berms

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Earthen berms

Postby Ronch » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:35 pm

My second attempt at terraforming the landscape around my base was much easier after learning the compliment of commands involved.
At the same time one of my characters gained the ability to craft long range mortars, which got me to thinking about surrounding four mortars with earthen berms to protect them from line-of-sight fire from possible future attackers.

My question or help request is: if anyone knows if earthen berms would slow or even stop weapons which use line-of-sight (cannons specifically) from targeting those mortars if they are built behind or surrounded by earthen berms in all four cardinal directions ?
Last edited by Ronch on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Re: Earthen berms

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:16 pm

The game does not detect height differences at the moment when firing projectiles. It is simply an X & Y world.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Re: Earthen berms

Postby Ronch » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:35 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:The game does not detect height differences at the moment when firing projectiles. It is simply an X & Y world.

Thank you, now that you mentioned it, I do remember reading something about that.

But seeing how fences and other constructions, and even trees block line of sight from hand held projectile weapons. I am wondering if line of sight from cannon could be obstructed in the same way, but in this case by purposely building thick earthen berms to obstruct it's line of sight.
Or at least obstruct it's line of sight temporarily for as long as it takes the cannon's shots to demolish the earthen berm.

It would be to expensive of a test for a nooblet like me to experiment with. :(
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Return to Help!