Insanity & sleeping

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Insanity & sleeping

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:58 am

Emryes wrote:Thanks John, that explains things. I knew my insanity level was quite high, but didnt pick any flowers, as I hit the bed. Falsely thinking it'd solve the problem.
Related: does anyone have an idea about how many flowers to pick, in order to remove all insanity (like you're almost going to hit madness 1, but not there yet, how many flowers to pick to remove all accumulated insanity). My guess would be 40...

Whittling sharpened sticks works the fastest for me.
My insanity level has not gone down yet doing this, but the madness lowers from several whispers in a period of 5 minutes to no whispers at all from just whittling 30 plus log blocks. (which takes less than a few minutes... This is at level 2 and 3 Insanity)

Hope that helps, I'm sure other players will be able to answer your question more thoroughly.
Last edited by Ronch on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby gorniksam » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 am

Emryes wrote:This is what happened: madness=0, dead man in tree, me cutting down tree, no reward

Emryes wrote:no reward :!:

Emryes wrote:PS Of course I didnt loot the corpse. What do you take me for. Im a pilgrim, not a criminal.
gorniksam

Postby rodneymillerpca » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:21 am

Zapt13 wrote:It is a subtle difference between insanity and madness. Insanity accumulates over time and through various activities. Accumulating enough insanity results in gaining a level of madness. They are not the same thing, though I think when the mechanic was introduced this was lost on many, myself included.

Thank you. Was just on wiki trying to understand the difference. This sums up a lot of reading.
Youth are our best investment. Invest in them wisely to yield the best return.
rodneymillerpca

Postby Propulsion » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:46 am

I would suggest buying or making a trumpet, this has worked well for me.
Propulsion

Postby Taipion » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 am

Taipion wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:You gained insanity for seeing a guy hung in the tree. You didn't check his body before cutting him down, thus not getting anything. Sleeping lowers a madness level if you sleep with a teddybear. Otherwise, it does not help.

Btw, why does sleeping without a teddy does not lower insanity (not madness lvl) anymore?
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Previous

Return to Help!