Rat bitten multiple times before treatment.

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Rat bitten multiple times before treatment.

Postby Ronch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Recently one of my map-exploring alts was bitten by a rat close to the dark side.
Then bitten again several more times in the same game-session, all with out receiving any treatment.
...Then bitten even again in a different game-session before receiving any initial disease treatment from all of those combined bites. lol

The first and second time that a character of mine was treated for disease, it only took one cure to quickly cure him after waiting to see what the dominant symptom was.
...But, this last time (with my mentioned map-explorer alt) after the dominant symptom revealed itself, I tried leeches and it did not cure him, so I applied another leech and still he wasn't cured.
...So then I tried the willow-bark tonic because even after the disease timer was 3/4 full, I was still displaying two different symptom(s).
Anyway the first dose of willow-bark tonic did not cure him, so I drank two more doses, and he was cured.

My question is; I read awhile back the physician posting about "doses he uses" and it was 3 doses per.
So, is it default that it could take anywhere from one to three doses to cure a disease ?
...Or did my character who was last infected contract two different diseases at the same time because of being bitten several different times in two separate game sessions before any treatments were administered ?

Thank you for your time and or any response to by babbling question here.
Last edited by Ronch on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Re: Rat bitten multiple times before treatment.

Postby grimkid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:30 pm

i usually wait until the disease bar reaches 60% and note daown each symptom, and pump in him the treatment i think i s best according to symptoms. once i used 10 columbine paste. Now i have no idea what happens when you are bitten multiple times
grimkid

Postby Ronch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:39 pm

grimkid wrote:i usually wait until the disease bar reaches 60% and note daown each symptom, and pump in him the treatment i think i s best according to symptoms. once i used 10 columbine paste. Now i have no idea what happens when you are bitten multiple times

Thank you, that answers my question on doses.

Although It would still be helpful if someone else knows and will post if our character's can carry more than one disease at the same time from multiple bites, which appears to be the case with my last most recent disease experience.
Ronch

Postby grimkid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:45 pm

careful though, from what ive read and tested so far, if you take the wrong treatment you will need many more doses of the right treatment.
grimkid

Postby lachlaan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:49 pm

You cannot carry more than one disease at a time. The symptoms are fuzzy the lower your bar is and it becomes much more clear which disease you have the longer you wait to cure it.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Ronch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:53 pm

grimkid wrote:careful though, from what ive read and tested so far, if you take the wrong treatment you will need many more doses of the right treatment.

Thank you again.
Ah, maybe that is why it took me using 3 doses of tonic to cure him then ?

Even so, this last time my character's disease timer was 3/4 full and I was still displaying two different symptoms... it's confusing.
And since that timer was almost completely full by then, I took him to town to unloaded his gear and inventory to grab up while dropping him more and multiple cures.

He is cured now, but still hiding alive and naked in one of the town's accessible buildings. :shock:
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:59 pm

lachlaan wrote:You cannot carry more than one disease at a time.

Thank you again lachlaan, that is the info that I was wanting to know the most.
Ronch

Postby Taipion » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 pm

lachlaan wrote:You cannot carry more than one disease at a time. The symptoms are fuzzy the lower your bar is and it becomes much more clear which disease you have the longer you wait to cure it.

This.

I also heard from people who let rats bite them more if they got bitten once, so the disease bar goes up quicker and the main symptom is easier to detect faster.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Help!