Just died - please explain

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Just died - please explain

Postby catote2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 am

Have a claim. Have stone walls and torch posts.
Two enemies walk up to a closed gate. Open gate, move in. Stomp me to death.
Don't know why enemies can just open my gate. And if it's that simple, what should new players do?
Please educate me...
catote2

Re: Just died - please explain

Postby Ghoul » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:52 am

Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:53 am

You need to lock your gate.
Its prob safe to assume that the raiders are gone by now so if you have a 2nd char or you live a teammate then you should definitely do that quickly
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby catote2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:56 am

Thanks for replying so quick. So that's perhaps 100 hours of otherwise fun gaming down the drain for not learning the game properly.
I will buy a few things in the shop to support the developers. Great work, but too evil I guess.
catote2

Postby Ghoul » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:04 am

If you know who this guy is in-game and you just raided him, please enjoy returning to his base for free shop items!
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Goodman12 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:06 am

Ghoul wrote:If you know who this guy is in-game and you just raided him, please enjoy returning to his base for free shop items!

He should have some locks by then,no?
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:58 am

Keep the HoB trash talking out of help please
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby gustavohvg » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:49 am

They literally just stomped you?
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby JohnCarver » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:43 am

Sorry for your loss but yes locking your gates is a good idea.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby catote2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:18 am

JohnCarver wrote:Sorry for your loss but yes locking your gates is a good idea.

Thank you. Allow me to say, it's a magnificant game you have developed. The crafting aspect is deep. And the idea of a hostile environment is fine. I play Xcom2 on hardcore for instance. But Im also 50 years old real life, so I dont even attempt to compete in PVP, and thus seek the crafting route. And that might not be such a good idea in a game with dedicated PVP'ers hunting in packs and with full knowledge of game mechanics. Because you have no safe zone and will fail on technicalities one way or another.

Just one observation: in other games with hard penalties like permadeath, you can quickly get a feel for the risk you take and thus decide if rewards is worth the risk. Not so in Salem, where you play 10, 50 or 100 hours, before the enemies arrive, and you get feedback. Like death. OK I didnt know about locks. But if I had, then there would probably have been something else I hadnt known about etc.

I was surprised to find a free game of this magnitude. So I have supported it, and my killers can have fun dancing around my scarecrow :=)
Hope to see you in the future. By all means invite me again, if you have a game with room for less experienced players.
catote2

Next

Return to Help!