What can destroy timber piles

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

What can destroy timber piles

Postby catote2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:01 pm

I had 6 on Concord, but they were not finished drying up. Now after dinner (real life) they're all gone. Magic?
catote2

Re: What can destroy timber piles

Postby Goodman12 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:02 pm

catote2 wrote:I had 6 on Concord, but they were not finished drying up. Now after dinner (real life) they're all gone. Magic?

Someone destroyed them
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby catote2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:19 pm

So yesterday I was walling in everything, but couldnt finish because of the not-communicated patch (gates require dry not normal planks).
And today this nice community gave the present of destroying 240 dry planks. Just for fun.
Is this something the game masters do, in order to create the right feel in the game?
catote2

Postby grapefruitv » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 pm

That is something players are supposed to do on Concord, which is supposed to be a competitive server. It is also only two weeks old, so dry boards are still an important resource for players.
For now you can buy boards from players stalls to finish your gates, seen them earlier for ~30s each.
grapefruitv

Postby Rifmaster » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 am

Was it even claimed? A sad amount of people leave timber piles unclaimed
Rifmaster

Postby Telcular » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 am

If you dont have them on your claim, that´s just asking for them to be sabotaged, same goes for coal piles.
If they were on your claim and still sabotaged, bummer, wall them in for the future.
Telcular

Postby Catote » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:25 pm

Telcular wrote:If you dont have them on your claim, that´s just asking for them to be sabotaged, same goes for coal piles.
If they were on your claim and still sabotaged, bummer, wall them in for the future.

Well. Yes and no. They would've been claimed and walled, unless for the new patch, where stone walls require the same dry boards. Once I had built the walls and couldn't finish the gates, I just took the risk.
Plus I was unaware of the destroy feature, so I only protected myself against theft.

Hard learning curve sometimes ....
Catote

Postby Lusewing » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Keep at it, you will get there. Salem is really harsh at times but well worth sticking with.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Return to Help!