Bee-sting protection

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Bee-sting protection

Postby Ronch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 pm

I thought I read and saw a picture already of a beekeeper's suit, either here on the forums or on the game's Wiki.
Has anyone else seen this picture and short article with a game-avatar wearing a beekeeper's suit ?
...Is there currently a bee-suit for beekeeping ?
...If not, are there plans for one (soon) ?

I would like to create or purchase a beekeeper's suit, since in a recent update now bee stings can easily kill a player under a blood moon who has 45 or less blood-humors while they are tending a single bee skep.
Last edited by Ronch on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Re: Bee-sting protection

Postby lachlaan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Only the king can afford such a luxurious thing. You might be thinking of the king's tradeorder wherein he is dabbling in the fine art of apiculture. For us pleb the only solution is just suffering. We are after all christian pilgrims, so our favorite second passtime is enjoying our suffering and feeling bad for our success. Since we can't whip ourselves in game yet, we'll have to symbolically self-flagelate using bees.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Ronch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Thanks, lol
However, this in short eliminates the possibility for plebs new to the game (with low humors) from tending bee skeps under a blood moon.
...And, is just one more of many already-existing legitimate reason(s) for new players or lower level players to avoid playing the game during a blood moon.

I am a new player and would like to see even more new players stay in the game with me.
...Not having a desire to play the game for days or even a full week at a time just-because of a blood moon, isn't going to encourage any new players to continue spending their leisure time in this otherwise awesomely designed and extremely fun game.
It seems more than a few game mechanics are unintentionally aimed at discouraging new players by stifling their progression in it (or severely limits when they can enjoy progressing in it for days at a time).
Last edited by Ronch on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ronch

Postby foamingowl » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Agreed! I had a character at high humor count that completely died because I didn't realize they made this silly update.
foamingowl

Postby grapefruitv » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:01 pm

While I agree that bloodmoon somewhat encourages new players to take a break from the game in many ways, beekeeping is not one of those ways.
You normally get your hives around 40 humors and at this point you don't need to have many of them at the same time. 1-4 should be enough.
You also don't need to check them more that once or twice per day.
Not sure if severity of sting depends on number of bees or other things, but I experienced stings worth around 4 blood. That is something new players should be able to handle at the point when they get beekeeping skill and queen bees.
grapefruitv

Postby Ronch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:40 pm

grapefruitv wrote:While I agree that bloodmoon somewhat encourages new players to take a break from the game in many ways, beekeeping is not one of those ways.
You normally get your hives around 40 humors and at this point you don't need to have many of them at the same time. 1-4 should be enough.
You also don't need to check them more that once or twice per day.
Not sure if severity of sting depends on number of bees or other things, but I experienced stings worth around 4 blood. That is something new players should be able to handle at the point when they get beekeeping skill and queen bees.

Thank you for your input, I was wondering because I thought that this balancing subject might come up in this topic.
(BTW) I'm positive that my main had 20-ish humors when he first started beekeeping several weeks ago.

But still, from reading recent update news, and from personal experiences in the game; one sting can do up to 15 blood drain per bee, so even having just 3 worker-bees in a single skep can quickly kill a player who has less that 45 blood-humor points while under the blood moon.
...And I try to keep at least 9 worker-bees per skep, maybe I am doing it wrong ?
Last edited by Ronch on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 pm

I am new to the game so please excuse my noob-question:
What is the longest possible duration (in days) for a blood moon ?
Last edited by Ronch on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ronch

Postby lachlaan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:06 pm

2ish days i think.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Ronch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:08 pm

lachlaan wrote:2ish days i think.
Thank you.

Knowing that now, I have a Suggestion:
Make bees docile just during blood moons ?
Or, allow us to smudge them docile with smoke during blood moons ?
Or, allow us to create or obtain beekeeping suits (soon) ?
...please ?
Ronch

Postby gustavohvg » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:17 pm

In a few months you will be strong enough to deal with bees and this won't be an issue. Just use the bloodmoon time increasing your humours
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Next

Return to Help!