Bee-sting protection

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Bee-sting protection

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:09 am

Teoki wrote:There is nothing to fix. You are missing the point of blood moons: instigate fear. Bee stings is just one of many things potentially catastrophic under the red moon. Use that time inside a mine.

Thank you, it is becoming much clearer to me as time goes by what the function(s) of a Blood Moon are in the game.

But, you might just be missing the point of this thread's initial questions and it's end-purpose or goal:
Counters or balances available for players to a recent negative introduced into the game via an update ie: dying from simple bee stings.
Negatives in a survival game are essential, but with them should also be counters available to players specifically to minimize the affects of those negatives, for game balance purposes.
Counters or balance(s) like:
...A crafted or otherwise obtainable "bee-suit"
...Or "Players building an immunity" to bee stings over time.
...Or "smudge-smoking" disturbed bees to make them docile for a very short amount of time.
...Being able to summon any Witch for just raising their ugly head in civilized conversations, to burn them at the stake ! :shock:

There is something to fix, its just a matter of how to fix it without affecting other existing features in the game.
Now, back to your hole, you spawn of satan ...(fear my nipples !)
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 pm

JohnCarver wrote:It sounds like it is around the 12 blood i balanced it for with max bees
The point being that 12 blood was actually balanced probably bit too low if anything as that should hardly be life threatening for somebody with a full bee skep of 60k bees.

JohnCarver wrote:I believe there is a lot of bad information in this thread. Can somebody please confirm the max amount of blood you can get bit for in a single check of a single also. I suspect it is much less than what is being improperly theorycrafted here

TotalyMeow wrote:He's saying that you shouldn't get stung for more than about 12 points of blood, which is where the max seems to be landing, so it's working as intended. And that he thinks 12 might be low and was thinking of increasing it.

Hi again JC and Meow,
Sorry to keep this issue alive, but I hope JC will test this out himself, it should take less than a few minutes using his ingame super-dev powers.
He is more than welcome to test it out on one of my remaining skeps. I destroyed the one that KO'd my character again after killing my Main under a Blood Moon two nights ago.
I destroyed it just in case that particular skep might have been bugged. (part of the reason I destroyed it was to pick up my KO-dropped loot)

I hope my information shared this time will not be characterized by JC as "improperly theorycrafted" or "a lot of bad information" again ?
Because here is part two of my misadventures with the bee-sting update:
Now that the Blood Moon has passed, I mustered the courage to revisit 1 bee skep with an alt who currently has only 11 blood-humors.

The skep had 12 worker bees, one bad-drone, and one Queen, 13 bees and a Queen. Queens cannot sting.
Drones cannot sting either, but I will give you that one.

Opening that one skep tonight caused my character with 11 B-humors to immediately KO.
So apparently, unless I am still misunderstanding both of your explanations of players receiving a max of 12 blood loss from one totally full skep, quoted above.
Then what was meant to happen in developing the sting damage per skep has not quite worked out as planned, because my skep was just over half full and I took at least 11 blood loss, KO'ing my character of 11 B-humors.
...Well, not working as planned unless you have already adjusted the damage by increasing it ? :?
Last edited by Ronch on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Ronch

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Full skep as in bee count (the number of bees that goes from 0 to 60 000).
He wasnt talking about the bees that you can move with your mouse.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:13 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Full skep as in bee count (the number of bees that goes from 0 to 60 000).
He wasnt talking about the bees that you can move with your mouse.

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.
I know most bee skeps in the Western US contain up to 60k bees, but I do not get the 60K comparison here ...it seems that point is moot anyway because the plan in the update as I still understand it (and confirmed by JC's and Meow's quote) it was one full skep will or can do a max of 12 B-humor damage.
Meaning, my skep was just over half full and I took at least 11 B-humor damage from a skep that was a little over half full.

...If I still do not understand, then I apologize, sincerely.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So, again:
Now that the Blood Moon has passed, I mustered the courage to revisit 1 bee skep with an alt who currently has only 11 blood-humors.

The skep had 12 worker bees, one bad-drone, and one Queen, 13 bees and a Queen. Queens cannot sting.
Drones cannot sting either, but I will give you that one. (anyway, the skep was just over half full, not full)

Opening that one skep tonight caused my character with 11 B-humors to immediately KO.
So apparently, unless I am still misunderstanding JC's and Meow's explanations of players receiving a max of 12 blood loss from one totally full skep, quoted above.
Then what was meant to happen in developing the sting damage per skep has not quite worked out as planned, because my skep was just over half full and I took at least 11 blood loss, KO'ing my character of 11 B-humors.
...Well, not working as planned unless you have already adjusted the damage by increasing it ? :?
Ronch

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Man, are you even reading? The number of bees (drones, queens and delphic bees) does not matter.
You have a number on the skep that goes from 0 to 60 000. That number affects how much dmg you will take when checking bee skeps.
Check the skep again and tell me the bee count from it.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:08 pm

If you think there is a problem, it would be good to give some useful information. Try checking with a bigger character so you can get an accurate reading and make a sceenshot so we can see the state of the hive.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Man, are you even reading? The number of bees (drones, queens and delphic bees) does not matter.
You have a number on the skep that goes from 0 to 60 000. That number affects how much dmg you will take when checking bee skeps.

Yes, I have been reading, and have tempered my additional questions and newly shared information in response to the reciprocated information offered by the very few player's, Meow's, and JC's replies. Which so far has been vague and ambiguous to say the least.
...That is until your 2nd post here which finally gave me something not so vague that I can chew on to soak up some understanding of this issue.
"You have a number on the skep that goes from 0 to 60 000" <---- surprisingly, no one has offered that information to me until you just did in your last post.
I'm pretty sure that I've made a point several times on this thread pointing out that I am a noob here and not familiar with much or most of the game, even parts of the game that I am already active in (um, like beekeeping, yeah).

I will probably always remain content tolerating JC's snide comments whether directed at me or another person because I consider him a creative genius and well worth absorbing his quasi-insults spewed intentionally or unintentionally.
...However, (can we say fart on these forums ?) ...because me being willing to take condescending comments from you is going to garner a different response from me.
So, I will advise you to not act like a nipple-fart toward me here on these game forums again in the future.
Otherwise, I will be more than happy to show you what a half dozen or so homeless but shrewd, extremely patient and although nooby-low-leveled-humor characters can and will do to interrupt your arrogant attitude toward me your fellow gamer.
(Yes that is a pixel-threat) and although I am new to the game I am not new at all to the genre and have also already gathered a rather large and diverse assortment of new friends in the game who have been playing it for as many years as your IQ seems to exactly match.
Players who've already kindly demonstrated that they are willing and sometimes even eager to advise and or direct me toward the end of what ever goal or goals I currently have in this game.
Meaning, your sorely-lacking perceptions of people that you assume are below or less capable than you will be your quick downfall in this game, junior.
I will make sure of it, I promise you, and I have more free time on my hands than I will ever know what to do with.
...So until I become seasoned in this game, I advise you to just ignore my nooby questions and or teetering positions if you cannot temper your responses toward the current ability and knowledge of your target.

But again, I also want to honestly thank you for offering me the additional information, information that if offered to me earlier on this thread would or could have saved all of us 'especially the developer' a lot of valuable time.

TotalyMeow wrote:If you think there is a problem, it would be good to give some useful information. Try checking with a bigger character so you can get an accurate reading and make a sceenshot so we can see the state of the hive.
Thank you again Meow, with the additional information that ZoddAlmighty has offered, I will get that info posted here today or asap.

You all have a nice day, I know I will be.
Last edited by Ronch on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ronch

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Guys please keep drama in HoB and stay focused on helping. Thanks.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Ronch wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:Man, are you even reading? The number of bees (drones, queens and delphic bees) does not matter.

Yes, I have been reading, and have tempered my additional questions and newly shared information in response to the reciprocated information offered by the very few player's, Meow's, and JC's replies. Which so far has been vague and ambiguous to say the least.
...That is until your 2nd post here which finally gave me something not so vague that I can chew on to soak up some understanding of this issue.
"You have a number on the skep that goes from 0 to 60 000" <---- surprisingly, no one has offered that information to me until you just did in your last post.
I'm pretty sure that I've made a point several times on this thread pointing out that I am a noob here and not familiar with much or most of the game, even parts of the game that I am already active in (um, like beekeeping, yeah).

I will probably always remain content tolerating JC's snide comments whether directed at me or another person because I consider him a creative genius and well worth absorbing his quasi-insults spewed intentionally or unintentionally.
...However, (can we say fart on these forums ?) ...because me being willing to take condescending comments from you is going to garner a different response from me.
So, I will advise you to not act like a nipple-fart toward me here on these game forums again in the future.
Otherwise, I will be more than happy to show you what a half dozen or so homeless but shrewd, extremely patient and although nooby-low-leveled-humor characters can and will do to interrupt your arrogant attitude toward me your fellow gamer.
(Yes that is a pixel-threat) and although I am new to the game I am not new at all to the genre and have also already gathered a rather large and diverse assortment of new friends in the game who have been playing it for as many years as your IQ seems to exactly match.
Players who've already kindly demonstrated that they are willing and sometimes even eager to advise and or direct me toward the end of what ever goal or goals I currently have in this game.
Meaning, your sorely-lacking perceptions of people that you assume are below or less capable than you will be your quick downfall in this game, junior.
I will make sure of it, I promise you, and I have more free time on my hands than I will ever know what to do with.
...So until I become seasoned in this game, I advise you to just ignore my nooby questions and or teetering positions if you cannot temper your responses toward the current ability and knowledge of your target.

But again, I also want to honestly thank you for offering me the additional information, information that if offered to me earlier on this thread would or could have saved all of us 'especially the developer' a lot of valuable time.

TotalyMeow wrote:If you think there is a problem, it would be good to give some useful information. Try checking with a bigger character so you can get an accurate reading and make a sceenshot so we can see the state of the hive.
Thank you again Meow, with the additional information that ZoddAlmighty has offered, I will get that info posted here today.

You all have a nice day, I know I will be.

Well, i see that you are autistic so i forgive you. I was always kind hearted with less fortunate.
Edit:
You will be eligible to to be taken seriusly with insults and threats after aproxx a year of playing salem. Untill then have fun small fry!
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Ronch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:02 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Well, i see that you are autistic so i forgive you. I was always kind hearted with less fortunate.
Edit:
You will be eligible to to be taken seriusly with insults and threats after aproxx a year of playing salem. Untill then have fun small fry!

Thank you again for the additional information, and for the forgiveness now too.
Ronch

PreviousNext

Return to Help!