Black screen after logged in .?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Black screen after logged in .?

Postby lachlaan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:01 am

Main question is, does it have loading in the center or is it without? I think like 20 out of my posts are the repetition of that one console command, either way here goes again.

On the character select screen, try opening up the console by hitting the : key , then type in

gl meshmode d

The usual alternatives are, try a free VPN to see if it's ISP related, or try deleting all salem files in c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\salem and c:\users\STILLYOURUSERNAME\.salem , the latter is hidden and contains some of the cached resources that might have been corrupted.

Third option is update or revert graphics drivers if those have changed recently, as well as potentially revert java version if that has been updated recently.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby VanDaka » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:38 am

After experiencing the same issue as my fellow salemites and having tried the solutions posted above by lachlaan, I must say none of them worked and the black screen problem persists... the recent patch definitely had something to do with this unpleasant occurrence.

Hoping for a fix on this soon.

~ VD
VanDaka

Postby black89hawk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:23 pm

ok I delete all salem files and reinstall it again nothing still black screen also I used private tunnel VPN try it many zone same black screen

we wait some one can fix it I send jc before few hours he said will sleep late night then come back morning
black89hawk

Postby Brego » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:22 pm

i read all the posts about this problem ,and didn't find anything that can help me ,i can't understand why people are telling me this is must be connection problem ,but the most interesting moment that it all happened after devs put a new patch ,so why it must be a connection problem?it's just really ***** sad that after this dev's just even don't care about this problem .I tried everything and i'm bored because nothing helps.Sitting all day without Salem is like you are living without a life while a new server is online and you can't play ,i even didn't see the new 3-4th floors and it's ***** SAD
Madness
I would change everything in places, but to madness, I do not have enough strength
""I Love TRIBE ""
Tha Biddas "Dream Crusher"
Brego

Postby delirus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm

same problem... everything above didnt help...
delirus
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm

I kind of want to get this error now to have a go at fixing it :( but not much i can even tinker with as it is.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby pestilence123 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:54 pm

Brego wrote:i read all the posts about this problem ,and didn't find anything that can help me ,i can't understand why people are telling me this is must be connection problem ,but the most interesting moment that it all happened after devs put a new patch ,so why it must be a connection problem?it's just really ***** sad that after this dev's just even don't care about this problem .I tried everything and i'm bored because nothing helps.Sitting all day without Salem is like you are living without a life while a new server is online and you can't play ,i even didn't see the new 3-4th floors and it's ***** SAD

i have same problem its bad patch!
pestilence123

Postby gustavohvg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Do you all having this problem have Intel Mobile GPU? If you have (like me) maybe it will work if you manually upgrade your GPU drivers.

Intel website does not find a suitable update for some drivers, but you can manually update them. A post from some years ago in this forum teaches it (basically you find which series your GPU belongs and download and manually install from the zip file you download at Intel website)
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby lachlaan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Yeah it'd help if all people affected posted what systems they're playing on, what java versions and operating system. As well as possibly the vid card drivers
lachlaan
Customer

Postby black89hawk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm

hey guys me still have black screen even after I delete it all and install it again

you know this time not because of internet connection we try many VPN with many zone germany usa ... all give me black screen
black89hawk

PreviousNext

Return to Help!