Black screen after logged in .?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Black screen after logged in .?

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:22 am

I'm from Colombia (South America), having the same issue.
Cache seems to get stuck trying to download something. I've tried deleting my salem cache folder and have noticed it got stuck at 400kb and doesn't increase in size from that.

I'd imagine it has something to do with the cache server refusing to provide some sort of file, and the client just being stuck waiting for it.
strpk0

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:25 am

Has anyone just sat there at the black screen to see what it does for awhile?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:28 am

Dallane wrote:Has anyone just sat there at the black screen to see what it does for awhile?

It stays for 3 minutes or so, then kicks you back to the login screen.

I'd imagine the cache server is denying the files for some reason (per IP address). My cache folder was 112 MB before I deleted it (and was stuck at that size no matter how long I left it at the blackscreen, or how many times I retried logging in). Now I deleted it and it's stuck at 400kb and not increasing at all.

Maybe the cache server blacklisted everyone for some reason? I'd imagine there's built-in security measures to prevent people from spamming the server with too many downloads, maybe some sort of misconfiguration triggered it to just start blacklisting everyone, hence why using a VPN works for a while, until your address gets blocked again (seemingly).
Last edited by strpk0 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
strpk0

Postby VanDaka » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:29 am

Dallane wrote:Has anyone just sat there at the black screen to see what it does for awhile?

It logs you out after a certain time of sitting at the black screen, that's what happened for me.

~ VD
VanDaka

Postby pestilence123 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:46 am

VanDaka wrote:

It logs you out after a certain time of sitting at the black screen, that's what happened for me.

~ VD

me too.
pestilence123

Postby lachlaan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:57 am

Random curiosity, does changing the server you log into at the start screen affect it at all?

Top right of the kandarim screen where it says "Connecting to providence" or "connecting to concord" which is selected for all of you?
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby strpk0 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:58 am

lachlaan wrote:Random curiosity, does changing the server you log into at the start screen affect it at all?

Top right of the kandarim screen where it says "Connecting to providence" or "connecting to concord" which is selected for all of you?

Does not seem to work.
strpk0

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:12 am

someone do a wireshark or a tcpdump and see what turns up.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:12 am

Still trying to investigate what changes could have caused this. But not ignoring the problem.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby black89hawk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:26 am

pestilence123 wrote:
Dallane wrote:Is everyone who is having this problem Euro?

Ukraine.

far to east iraq
black89hawk

PreviousNext

Return to Help!