Mystery Tool Box Salem Store

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Mystery Tool Box Salem Store

Postby Zarian » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:34 am

So It's been a long while since I played Salem before and just getting back into it with a couple friends, today we decided to invest in the game and get a few mystery tool boxes. Getting 3 in total we were hoping to get at least a couple of useful items to help around camp. What we received was interesting. I'm not posting to complain by any means, just asking a simple question. We got 3 rolling pins (in my opinion the one thing I was hoping against). Now I understand it's random what you get and there's a relatively small list, but the odds of getting 3 of the same item must be small I would think. So my question is this, do these items rotate based on the day you get them, so if we get a couple more boxes today, should we expect 2 more rolling pins, and if we wait until tomorrow we will get something else? Or are these completely random and we just got the 'lucky' pull. Am curious if other people have experienced the same thing. (I checked other forum posts but found no info on this)

p.s. Hello Again :)
Zarian

Re: Mystery Tool Box Salem Store

Postby Dallane » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:40 am

You seem to be very unlucky lol. Good news is that you will more than likely be able to trade these items for silver or different tools.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:03 am

Welcome back! And yes that sounds pretty unlucky. It is random and has no bearing on the time when you open it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Zarian » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:11 am

Alright thank you both :) Your replies are very appreciated and will work on finding a way to trade safely then cross my fingers on the next mystery box :)
Zarian

Postby lachlaan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:54 am

Should implement a varying offer at the snake oil salesman where he tries to swindle people out of 2-4 of one kind of tool for a toolbox. I remember getting 2 or 3 pitchforks on popham once i settled down enough to get store stuff. This was back when they were useless lol
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby gustavohvg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:22 pm

^ This would kill part of the "mystery" which names the pack.

Part of my happyness in salem is seeing townmates buying these packs and mostly becoming angry ^^
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Return to Help!