Specific question about Yellow Bile

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Specific question about Yellow Bile

Postby Vlaar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Ok... I'v searched the forums, checked every wiki page about gluttony, and everything points to shroom on sticks and lavender blewits to raise my yellow bile.
Even so, when I munch 4 lavender blewit, that took me 3 hours to find, i raise some other skill, in this case blood. Then I seached another 3 hours for some lavender blewits and waxing toadstools to make shrooms on a stick, and after eating 3 of them I raised black bile...
What is going on!? My blood is 14 now and black bile is 19, i'm pretty sure i read something about gluttony prioritizing the lowest numbers... my yellow bile is 8.

Whats going on!?!?!?
Vlaar

Re: Specific question about Yellow Bile

Postby Pjotr84 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 pm

You've been somewhat unlucky, but if you eat a Shrooms-on-a-stick followed by some Blewits, you should raise your YB.
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby Vlaar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Pjotr84 wrote:You've been somewhat unlucky, but if you eat a Shrooms-on-a-stick followed by some Blewits, you should raise your YB.

Ok thanks, for all of you who wonder; 1 Shroom on a stick + 2 lavender blewits gives you yellow bile. This should be on the wiki.. lol
Vlaar

Postby Procne » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm

No, you don't understand how does gluttony works. Read it up here: http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Gluttony
Or in in-game help topics, or in Sevenless' guide
Procne

Postby Sevenless » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Nah he gets the combo now. Just blewits probably gave him blood.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:53 pm

It's not on the wiki because that's not been the overall goal of the wiki. If someone wanted to create a guide and put it there, I'm sure nobody would complain. It's just specific information like that isn't really helpful in the long run. In the end, you're really not foraging for new characters. You're just bringing them home and then stuffing them on the great food civilization allows you to provide.

A "fast leveling" guide was just asked about and this is the sort of thing a person would likely find in something like that. I don't think any of the established community here is willing to write one, though.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Help!