aloying?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: aloying?

Postby grapefruitv » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:04 pm

That is why I mentioned the "no space" point the other day with the pots.
Pots are in fact easy, but I knew devs are plotting against mines. And this is can not be done to Salem with it's current mechanics.
Upstairs land is expensive. And I do not mean the silver. You have to dig it, you have to protect it. All objects in this game are pretty huge with even bigger hitboxes, so taking everything from mines upstairs will be a hell for developed towns. Don't forget we constantly get new mechanics, new buildings, new types of walls. Just recently people sqeezed in barns, in few months we will have to find a spot fore vinemaking, new type of wall is promissed (so we must keep those extra tiles for new walls and defences too). Yes, of course you can build new zones, but metallurgy is something you want to keep in more protected areas of yuor town.
If the main concern is hidden bases, I would rather prefer mine entrance changing model depending on how much tiles and levels are mined out inside.
If it's realism, then can we maybe get an option to build some pipes channeling the smoke upstairs instead? Can make it not cheap, or have penalties or breakdowns.
User avatar
grapefruitv
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:53 am

Re: aloying?

Postby Nsuidara » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:09 pm

JohnCarver wrote:BTW underground smelters are going to smoke out your mines and kill you guys. I've never liked that :).

I like idea... but JC it's waste time about implement this ? why ?
because what i will do ? i will made alts for this ... why ? because stats like Sparks & Embers don't give nothing for smelting or aloying...
and i think first time not killing character... so... usless


grapefruitv wrote:That is why I mentioned the "no space" point the other day with the pots.
Pots are in fact easy, but I knew devs are plotting against mines. And this is can not be done to Salem with it's current mechanics.
Upstairs land is expensive. And I do not mean the silver. You have to dig it, you have to protect it. All objects in this game are pretty huge with even bigger hitboxes, so taking everything from mines upstairs will be a hell for developed towns. Don't forget we constantly get new mechanics, new buildings, new types of walls. Just recently people sqeezed in barns, in few months we will have to find a spot fore vinemaking, new type of wall is promissed (so we must keep those extra tiles for new walls and defences too). Yes, of course you can build new zones, but metallurgy is something you want to keep in more protected areas of yuor town.
If the main concern is hidden bases, I would rather prefer mine entrance changing model depending on how much tiles and levels are mined out inside.
If it's realism, then can we maybe get an option to build some pipes channeling the smoke upstairs instead? Can make it not cheap, or have penalties or breakdowns.

I agree


but i like sufarce idea, but but

Forcing players for made / rebuild / revamp base ... where many player can't... = take a lot time
where new expediton come = need spend many times
result: for me bad idea

but i hear about new system walls upgrade - if old walls be usless we need salvage this walls... its next mechanic what destroy big towns...

w need compensation like "tool salvage" (materials example: steel)
what this tool give ? salvage obiect return all materials (but take 1% per obiect dub. tool, like sher, knife...)

- because i was 30x30 mine type town...
- here i build many sheds
- have around 2k pots
- smelters, con.. other metarulgy structure
- oiled boards....
- for leathers...
- alchemy etc..

pot's isnt easy transport... (mean about pure pots)
rebuild house isnt easy too...

new small pclaim take a lot time :P (for old players less time)
\(*o*)\ Praying in the JC Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/

Marketplace APP
Calculator Sets
Shop by Nsuidara
User avatar
Nsuidara
Customer
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:50 pm
Location: Poland

Re: aloying?

Postby Ciego » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:52 pm

JohnCarver wrote:BTW underground smelters are going to smoke out your mines and kill you guys. I've never liked that :).


So, how much "equipment" would you like to see moved above ground?
I see where animals can't be taken into mines, and hay-racks no longer allowed.

What about crucibles? Baking ovens? Turkey coops? Drying racks? Brick-kilns? Cauldrens?

Is our motivation cosmetic? Or to keep "carebears" from hiding from the witches? Or is there some game-mechanics reason?

As far as realism, the "mine" is just another "building". Maybe make people build ventilation (as someone earlier suggested)?
People been building their living quarters, barns, and smelters and other equipment in mines for a thousand years.

I am asking for clarification, not attempting to steer the decisions.
Ciego
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:31 am

Re: aloying?

Postby Teoki » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:24 pm

For me, being forced to build everything out of the mine (even though little changes every patch) wouldn't be just a bad idea but a deal-breaker of the game.

The additional time to just walk between structures and containers, the new alts to compensate, walls, defenses... I value very much the base building aspect but it's already too time consuming.

A new, much bigger generic container would help a lot or specific bags for inspirational, prepared foods, cabbage, pumpkins, poultry, meat, sinews, salt, fishes, shellfish, bugs, pelts, brains, wood/molded boards/wood chippings... Hundreds of sheds for all that stuff while everything in bags or bins takes space but inside a mine is perfectly acceptable even in huge quantities.

(and I'm definitely attempting to steer the decision.. :) )
Teoki
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 am

Re: aloying?

Postby saffgee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Well maybe JC will allow us to keep at least the first level of a mine as a buildable space as that (theoretically) is close enough to the surface to warrant being smoked out....or maybe just add some sort of poison debuff whilst the player is on the same level as a working smelter. That would mean you could still smelt, but sure as hell vacate the mine if you do.
saffgee
Customer
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 am

Re: aloying?

Postby kitty629 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:55 am

We will need canaries to detect the carbon monoxide levels, if the canary dies gtfo!
kitty629
Customer
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:08 am

Re: aloying?

Postby HDHB » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:23 am

kitty629 wrote:We will need canaries to detect the carbon monoxide levels, if the canary dies gtfo!

please yes
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Previous

Return to Help!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests