Animal Pregnancy

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Animal Pregnancy

Postby TheDuke86 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 am

JohnCarver wrote:I do like the idea of there being a benefit to F&F in the AH space. Although having the animal know who its owner is at the moment i chooses to mate provides its own complications.

Treats would make sense or when you milk the animal. We all know some people are better with their hands over others?;)
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:57 am

Nsuidara wrote:solution "branding" ? why not using that ?

I suppose that could work. Its branding a text to the animal now, not character stats. The issue with using that for F&F Bonus is players with high F&F would brand the animals and sell them, which would not be preferred. When that system was meant to be a way to track your animal and see who it belonged to.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:08 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Nsuidara wrote:solution "branding" ? why not using that ?

I suppose that could work. Its branding a text to the animal now, not character stats. The issue with using that for F&F Bonus is players with high F&F would brand the animals and sell them, which would be preferred. When that system was meant to be a way to track your animal and see who it belonged to.

can you do a check when someone enters the barn if babies are to be birthed do a check on f&f?
nosfirebird

Postby lachlaan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:20 am

Or to keep the bonus limited to the person caring for them, do indeed make it revolve around both treats and maintenance like milking, shearing, and so on. Have a decaying "affinity" stat, where the animal has an affinity to their caretaker, scaling from 100% of their F&F x coefficient you choose down to 0% in a certain period of time, as the animal goes back to a self sufficient state or whatever.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:48 am

also store musical instruments should lower animal temps and lower the amount of time they are in the womb.
nosfirebird

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 am

nosfirebird wrote:also store musical instruments should lower animal temps and lower the amount of time they are in the womb.

I'm not sure these beasts can appreciate the fine arts of music.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby nosfirebird » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:36 am

can animals become inbred?
nosfirebird

Postby Chrumps » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:05 am

JohnCarver wrote:As a general rule of thumb once a female has given birth she will not mate again for at least 6 days.

I doubt veracity of this statement. Cooldown times I have observed are ranging from 1 to 3 days. That is, assuming pregnancy takes 7 days.
Certainly, I have seen multiple animals giving birth every 8 -9 days.

There is, of course a possibility that the birth is immediate and what I take for pregnancy is the cooldown time instead ¦] .
Regretfully, that would take away many interesting possibilities in animal trading.
Chrumps

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:36 am

Chrumps wrote:I doubt veracity of this statement. Cooldown times I have observed are ranging from 1 to 3 days. That is, assuming pregnancy takes 7 days.
Certainly, I have seen multiple animals giving birth every 8 -9 days.

I hear "pregnancy" it's short term.
From our barn 14.12 -> 16.12/17.12 born babies ^^"

EDIT.
@JohnCarver
It's possible give in UI info what "female" bron babies ?
like brading but
- little longer?
- info in GUI "she give X childs" ?
pls :)

and
can update first post about ?
Mating is on its own interval not related to feeding. As a general rule of thumb once a female has given birth she will not mate again for at least 6 days. And two healthy, attractive, spunky and young animals should be getting busy with in less than 2 weeks.

and
IF 3 Boar and 3 Sow ? they will mate ?
mean 1 Boar and 3 Sow OR 3 Boar and 3 Sow - what have more chance for mate ?
// meybe 3 boar and each other not like so 0% ? or more change then 1 BBoar and 3 Sow ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:56 am

does stillborn babies in pens stop them from breeding or spread disease?
nosfirebird

PreviousNext

Return to Help!