Accidently ended Kinship (solved and re-Kin'd)

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Accidently ended Kinship (solved and re-Kin'd)

Postby Ronch » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi, I am fairly new to the game.
My very first day in the game I was rescued from cold weather by another player who offered Kinship after thawing and also clothing my character with more thermal points.

Anyway; I've been chatting with this player almost everyday but, today when I went to chat him/her I accidently clicked end kinship instead of chat. :oops:

So, I am wanting to know is how would I go about re-Kining this player ? ...there is no option to chat with them any longer since the Kinship ended.

They are still on my memory list but, there is no chat option for them anymore.
...Can anyone help please ?
Last edited by Ronch on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Re: End Kinship

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Stand in providence for 10 hours straight and stare at your screen until you see him port in.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:06 pm

I would travel teh world writing and leaving them wooden text signs asking them to meet you under a specific tree at a specific time. This is of course the most romantic way to solve such a problem.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Ronch » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 pm

If those are my only two options, I think an even faster remedy would be to just leave a scent outside their base.

But, yeah, leaving a sign outside their base would be my best bet, thanks.
I've actually considered haunting town square until I see them roam by but, that is a'lil too creepy. :lol:

...Seriously though, is there no option to chat someone unless they are yer Kin ?
Last edited by Ronch on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronch

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Ronch wrote:...Seriously though, is there no option to chat someone unless they are Kin ?

You can only chat with a character not visible when kinned. So you may pm someone in-game without being kinned if you see them in providence.

This is a necessary and good thing, you don't want random people constantly pm'ing you when they aren't kinned do you?
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby naric » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:17 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I would travel teh world writing and leaving them wooden text signs asking them to meet you under a specific tree at a specific time. This is of course the most romantic way to solve such a problem.

Such answer does no credit to you, site admin! At least you could explain to newbie if his friend lost him in kinlist too. If not - then friend will write to hin one time.
Last edited by naric on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
naric

Postby Ronch » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:
You can only chat with a character not visible when kinned. So you may pm someone in-game without being kinned if you see them in providence.

This is a necessary and good thing, you don't want random people constantly pm'ing you when they aren't kinned do you?

Fair enough, I understand better now, thanks.
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Shane ! ...Come back Shane ...Come back ! :(
Ronch

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 am

naric wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:I would travel teh world writing and leaving them wooden text signs asking them to meet you under a specific tree at a specific time. This is of course the most romantic way to solve such a problem.

Such answer does no credit to you, site admin! At least you could explain to newbie if his friend lost him in kinlist too. If not - then friend will write to hin one time.

John is the game developer, not the community manager. That would be me. :/ If you remove kin from someone, then it is removed entirely. There wouldn't be much point otherwise. I'm afraid your options really are to stand around in town and see if they port in, or to try to contact them here. This thread might get their attention if they read the forums. You can safely leave your homestead secret on a thread; there used to be some dangers in that but not anymore.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Propulsion » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:57 am

Ronch wrote:My very first day in the game I was rescued from cold weather by another player who offered Kinship after thawing and also clothing my character with more thermal points.

Restoring faith in humanity, your story touched my heart.
Propulsion

Next

Return to Help!