Fruit craving in winter

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Fruit craving in winter

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:58 pm

It does seem like there should be 'access' to fruit well into a cold snap before it spoils. So while I get that this theoretically could lock you out for a bit. YOu don't start craving fruit until you are a fair bit older.

Also grapes will fix this anyway. Noob fruit.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Lusewing » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Apples and pears could always be sliced and baked in a stove - dried fruit lasts a while.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 pm

Lusewing wrote:Apples and pears could always be sliced and baked in a stove - dried fruit lasts a while.

Yes but the very reason that fruit orchards is as OP as it is, is the fact that you can only get it half the the time.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Lusewing » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 pm

I didn't say the food had to be good lol - Dried fruit is nasty
Maybe be able to string the fruit on a necklace - a restore food that needs no inventory slot. Could be diffrent
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Lusewing wrote:I didn't say the food had to be good lol - Dried fruit is nasty
Maybe be able to string the fruit on a necklace - a restore food that needs no inventory slot. Could be diffrent

Fair point. A way to preserve fruit and make it bad simply to satisfy cravings seems reasonable. WIll Investigate.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Taipion » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 pm

JohnCarver wrote:

Fair point. A way to preserve fruit and make it bad simply to satisfy cravings seems reasonable. WIll Investigate.

May be a good thing, nothing bad I guess about not being able to fulfil a craving for 1-2 days due to bad luck, but then again we already had 3 or 4 coldsnaps back to back... ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Heffernan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:20 am

Taipion wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:

May be a good thing, nothing bad I guess about not being able to fulfil a craving for 1-2 days due to bad luck, but then again we already had 3 or 4 coldsnaps back to back... ^^

yeah if 1-2 bloodmoons hit that can be 2-3 or more weeks of no craving.
Heffernan

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 am

Its just a craving, who cares if you have to wait a week or two cause of coldsnaps stringed together. If you want biles so bad then go gluttony for those few points you couldn't get from the cravings during that time.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby grimkid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:17 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Its just a craving, who cares if you have to wait a week or two cause of coldsnaps stringed together. If you want biles so bad then go gluttony for those few points you couldn't get from the cravings during that time.

fair point. is actually really realistic :mrgreen:
grimkid

Postby Teoki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 pm

It's about polishing a mechanic and it could well be just and addition to gluttony to rise biles but a casual player may find it more attractive than you. Plus if you give a new option and then block it for a long time, it could be more frustrating than before.

If you want "realistic", cravings don't last forever.

(btw, I love the craving mechanic, ty)
Teoki

PreviousNext

Return to Help!