returning player

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

returning player

Postby Retseldog1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:59 pm

I used to play this game when it first came out. I bought lots items from the store from memory. I see the name of my old character in accounts but when playing game he is not active and i don't seem to be able to inherit anything from my time back then. When the game was taken over was all items purchased lost or/and characters? If not how can i get them back?
Retseldog1
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Re: returning player

Postby Kandarim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:02 pm

items can be lost in the game. If this was a long time ago, then likely your base has since been raided/leanto looted. The items are, in that case, gone. Any items you never claimed can still be gotten from the postmaster. This disclaimer is rather clearly stated on the store pages.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5227
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: returning player

Postby Retseldog1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Kandarim wrote:items can be lost in the game. If this was a long time ago, then likely your base has since been raided/leanto looted. The items are, in that case, gone. Any items you never claimed can still be gotten from the postmaster. This disclaimer is rather clearly stated on the store pages.


I had a great base at the time. Yes I'm aware of the full loot perma death gameplay however i thought inheritance that as in then would have given me something back?
Retseldog1
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Re: returning player

Postby TheDuke86 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Retseldog1 wrote:
Kandarim wrote:items can be lost in the game. If this was a long time ago, then likely your base has since been raided/leanto looted. The items are, in that case, gone. Any items you never claimed can still be gotten from the postmaster. This disclaimer is rather clearly stated on the store pages.


I had a great base at the time. Yes I'm aware of the full loot perma death gameplay however i thought inheritance that as in then would have given me something back?


Aside from skills and bikes the only other thing you will inherit is silver, which will be in the bank if you have any.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
User avatar
TheDuke86
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Re: returning player

Postby Kandarim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:52 pm

and for the reference, you only inherit that silver if you had put it in the bank before you stopped playing.
Technically, you aren't inheriting it because the bank is linked to the account and not the character. potayto potahto.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
User avatar
Kandarim
Customer
 
Posts: 5227
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Re: returning player

Postby TheDuke86 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Kandarim wrote:and for the reference, you only inherit that silver if you had put it in the bank before you stopped playing.
Technically, you aren't inheriting it because the bank is linked to the account and not the character. potayto potahto.


Also if they had their pclaim domained.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
User avatar
TheDuke86
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Re: returning player

Postby Adelewhy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 am

Retseldog1 wrote:I used to play this game when it first came out. I bought lots items from the store from memory. I see the name of my old character in accounts but when playing game he is not active and i don't seem to be able to inherit anything from my time back then. When the game was taken over was all items purchased lost or/and characters? If not how can i get them back?


You say "he is not active". So you cannot log into him right? That's what happened to my character that was left alive on Popham. Once that server was shutdown, the character name shows up on the log in screen but no amount of clicking will log in and I'm unable to inherit. Are you sure your character is located on Providence? That is the only remaining server atm. In the case that your character was on any other server other then Providence, then yes everything is lost.

If he's on Providence the only thing to inherit is the property and what's in the bank. The property can be lost when someone smashes your claimstone or domains over it.
Adelewhy
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:15 am

Re: returning player

Postby Retseldog1 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Thank you Adelwhy, that's likely the case
Retseldog1
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:56 pm


Return to Help!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests