Came back after a year, not sure where I'm at ....

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Came back after a year, not sure where I'm at ....

Postby ksersmustdie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:26 am

So bout 2 weeks ago I re-installed Salem and logged into my guy, naked, but still alive in the hovel I built a long time ago (not really sure when, but char was created in 2015)

I picked up where I left off, left the old home behind and started a new one slightly to the north

So then today I go and make an alt finally only to spawn in a very different looking Providence

Made a new char, choosing to connect to Popham instead, and realize that is where my original guy is

So I have some questions...

- What is the difference between connecting to Popham or Providence on the initial log in screen? Different Server?

- I thought Popham was some temporary thing? Or at least until it's "destroyed"?

- Why do I choose Providence or Popham both at the initial log in screen as well as after the tutorial?

- Does nobody play whatever Popham I'm on? I've only seen 1 person in like 3 weeks and there are never any stalls...

Picture reference, this is where I go when I Travel ...To Providence

ksersmustdie

Re: Came back after a year, not sure where I'm at ....

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 am

Popham was a temporary server. John hasn't responded to me as to why it's back up, but I think he did it on accident last time he restarted the Providence server. I wouldn't play a character on there if I were you.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby ksersmustdie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:23 am

ive put probably close to 40hrs over the last couple of weeks T.T
guess i will start a new guy in providence..
ksersmustdie

Postby Memento » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:01 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Popham was a temporary server. John hasn't responded to me as to why it's back up, but I think he did it on accident last time he restarted the Providence server. I wouldn't play a character on there if I were you.

Thanks for wasting our time! Its like these idiots don't know how to run a game. I hope no one purchased stuff from the store on that server.
Memento

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:25 am

Memento wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Popham was a temporary server. John hasn't responded to me as to why it's back up, but I think he did it on accident last time he restarted the Providence server. I wouldn't play a character on there if I were you.

Thanks for wasting our time! Its like these idiots don't know how to run a game. I hope no one purchased stuff from the store on that server.

There are announcements available explaining this in the Announcements section, and in other places on the forums. If someone had purchased something from the store on that server, perhaps it could be transferred, but I don't think anyone else has made the mistake of playing on it.

TotalyMeow

Postby Memento » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:40 am

I forgot, everyone reads the forums. Especially new players. Also according to the server status there were almost 1500 players last month, 800 this week. I sure don't see them on the Providence server.
Memento

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:52 am

Memento wrote:I forgot, everyone reads the forums. Especially new players. Also according to the server status there were almost 1500 players last month, 800 this week. I sure don't see them on the Providence server.

They're there. Providence is very, very, large.

TotalyMeow

Postby Darwoth » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Memento wrote:I forgot, everyone reads the forums. Especially new players. Also according to the server status there were almost 1500 players last month, 800 this week. I sure don't see them on the Providence server.

it is generally expected that players read the forums of a new game in order to get acquainted with it unless they are just dumber than a box of **** that is, additionally if after days of play you encountered nobody else you might ask yourself why.
Darwoth

Postby Memento » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Darwoth wrote:

it is generally expected that players read the forums of a new game in order to get acquainted with it unless they are just dumber than a box of **** that is, additionally if after days of play you encountered nobody else you might ask yourself why.

Thanks for making my point. I have not seen anywhere on the forums not to play on Popham.
Memento

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Memento wrote:
Darwoth wrote:

Thanks for making my point. I have not seen anywhere on the forums not to play on Popham.

Well it's here now. Stop posting about it.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Return to Help!