Destroying objects

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Destroying objects

Postby Meanz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Quick question, according to the wiki the shovels gives different dig bonuses. But does a steel shovel destroy things faster than an iron shovel?
Meanz

Re: Destroying objects

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Shovels only affect the destruction of stumps. I do think a better shovel will give a quicker destruction of a stump. But walls, structures, whatever, are not affected by anything you're holding in your hands.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Meanz » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:33 pm

Alright, that is helpful. Thanks :)
Meanz

Postby Taipion » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:08 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:Shovels only affect the destruction of stumps. I do think a better shovel will give a quicker destruction of a stump. But walls, structures, whatever, are not affected by anything you're holding in your hands.

Iirc the quality of the shovel did not effect the dmg bonus against stumps, all were equal, correct me if I'm wrong.

The bonus is also only against "fresh" stumps, not old stumps that fresh stumps will eventually turn into, so waiting to remove them makes more work.

Shovels will also not be automatically equipped when you start to destroy stumps.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:02 am

We've changed such things enough I don't remember for sure. Stump destruction goes so fast anyway, I'll try to pay attention next time I destroy one.

Now, destroying objects DOES go rather faster with more phlegm. Not just max phlegm but more current phlegm, so keep eating/drinking if you're demolishing things. And it goes a lot faster if you make sure you're destroying things on your claim with the character that owns the claim, since owning the claim removes soak. Soak is like a damage resistance you have to get through before you can damage an object.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Return to Help!