strange whittling occurence

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

strange whittling occurence

Postby redfenix514 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:27 am

So I logged into an old character to find their madness level up to 7! I looked up on the wiki what to do to lower said madness, and whittling was one of the options to lower it. So i put my character to work on several logs at the whittling bench. I didn't look at the character for a minute of so, and I returned to find that 1) my hammer and nails was reduced from 19 to 4..... AND my whittling bench had vanished. my guess is that its madness related, but holy crap. I am so confused....
redfenix514

Re: strange whittling occurence

Postby redfenix514 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:31 am

figured it out. he made a Timber terror Fetish. I hadnt noticed him holding it.... smh.... insanity system is hardcore
redfenix514

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:46 am

Whittling actually only lowers insanity, not madness.

Insanity is the increments of measure towards the next madness lvl.

To reduce madness you will need to
;smoke tobacco,
;smoke the hookah in providence(only usable once per day, 24 hour timer starts right when you smoke it),
;or sleep for 8 hours straight in a bed whilst holding a teddy bear in your hand(you must log back in after 8 hours and sleep again to remove another madness lvl, it will not remove 2 lvls of madness if you sleep for 16 hours straight)

Also, removing a madness lvl does not completely remove the insanity between two madness lvls so its best to use insanity reducing activities(studying items being the quickest and easiest way to reduce insanity) to avoid regaining that madness lvl if you plan to stay online on the character.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby redfenix514 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:48 am

thats good to know. in all honestly, i may just trash this character. was a rubble/rock chipping alt lol but it was useful during its time... but ill be sure to keep that in mind when my main gets a lil too edgy for my taste. thanks for the information!
redfenix514

Return to Help!