Old Claim Stone

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Old Claim Stone

Postby Carca » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi all,
There is an old Pclaim stone on the outskirts of my base. I built my home on the grounds of a destroyed town which makes me think the Pclaim was put down by whoever raided the old town. I want to destroy the Pclaim so I can finish my outer wall. I'm making the assumption that it's empty.
I've been looking on the forums for info on the best way to do this but still have a couple of questions.

1. If I trespass onto the Pclaim or destroy it who will be able to see the scent I leave? Any passing pilgrim with tracking toggled on or just the owner? Will I see it myself?
2. If I then extend my own Pclaim over the scent does that effect it?
3. I read about people doing the above and building a kiln over the scent to hide it, is this still viable?
4. If someone picked up my scent and tracked me to my base (not difficult lol) would they have to break In and trespass to summon me?

I know I should level up an alt to do this but it's taken me weeks to get my main up to bile and skills to do it so I'm hoping I can do it carefully with my main.

Thanks
Carca

Re: Old Claim Stone

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:52 pm

If you have your own TClaim you can remove it risk free by using the "eminent domain" town option if the Tclaim covers the pclaim, which costs silver but saves you from leaving scents.

If you have more than one character and don't mind risking him to just attempt to remove the pclaim right away then you can do that instead, but don't try and do it if you have only one character.

As for your 1 - 4 questions.

1. Anyone can see crime scents left by anyone.
2. That would mean people would have to commit trespassing to get the scent.
3. Building a kiln over it along with your pclaim covering it would mean people need to arson the kiln and wait 24 hours or use a 1K biles character to destroy it on the spot. Either way you will have scents against the people.
4. You can be stocked with summonable scents if you are not logged in when they attempt to stock you. Or you can be summoned on the spot if they can get that close to your current occupied homestead(pclaim stone/leanto)
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Goodman12 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:02 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:4. You can be stocked with summonable scents if you are not logged in when they attempt to stock you. Or you can be summoned on the spot if they can get that close to your current occupied homestead(pclaim stone/leanto)

Can also be summoned if they use a TbC
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Carca » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Thank you - I'll look into getting a Tclaim
Carca

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:53 am

Tresspassing isn't summonable. You'd only have to worry about the waste scent. Since the claim is right next to yours, you can easily extend your claim over it and add a wall and some torchposts. The waste would decay in about a week iirc.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Carca » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:45 am

Thanks Meow - I was looking at the town bell materials and it's way out of reach for me. If the wiki is still correct then I don't know how I'd get even the 60 wrought iron bars!
Carca

Postby yuukki » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:22 am

Carca wrote:Thanks Meow - I was looking at the town bell materials and it's way out of reach for me. If the wiki is still correct then I don't know how I'd get even the 60 wrought iron bars!

You need 20 Wrought not 60 for a town bell.
⛧ Grand Witch of the Fifth Circle ⛧
yuukki

Return to Help!